cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy - Application Error Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I´ve done following scenario: Create an ABAP Proxy for an existing external Webservice - should be handled through PI (customer requirement so we have ABAP Proxy <-> PI <-> External Webservice Provider )

I got the WSDL and imported into ESR (with Import Service Interface) and then created inbound and outbound interface.

At first we only needed one Method of the External Webservice so we put the SOAPAction hard coded into the SOAP Adapter. Everything worked fine and when the Webservice did raise an appliction error (which was definded in the WSDL) we got the corresponding exception (not the base on CX_APPLICATION_FAULT) raised in the abap backend and we could then get all the exception data.

then the problems began: We had to implent 8 other methods of the the Webservice - so we needed a dyn. SOAP Action - got it done fine with ASMA (inside Operation Mapping with a Java UDF / also tried a pure Java mapping). Everything worked fine - Except the Application Errors where not transported correctly any more. We only got CX_APPLICATION_FAULT - but not the custom exception created by the ABAP Proxy.

When playing around a little bit i found out that removing the operation mapping "restored" the right Exceptions - but without mapping i cannot set the soap action dyn.

Anyone seen this problem before?

br franz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>ABAP Proxy <-> PI <-> External Webservice Provider

if anything else fails you can always set the SOAPAction in the adapter module (custom)

for SOAP adapter but this should be your last choice I guess

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Everything worked fine -  Except the Application Errors where not transported correctly any more. We only got CX_APPLICATION_FAULT - but not the custom exception created by the ABAP Proxy.

Just Curious. Are you seeing fault message as response type in the WSDL? I meant the external webservice provides fault mesg error response due to application errrors? If the webservice does not provide application related errors during response as fault message, you cannot retrieve the response and map it to the sender proxy.

If the WSDL provides fault mesg and you also did mapping, then you have to implement the logic in sender abap proxy for the fault mesg method through raise exception block. Hope that helps.