cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRAC_PFCG_AUTHORIZATION_SYNC Job taking LONG time

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everyone:

We have implemented GRC10 in a Sandbox and Development system.

When we ran the GRAC_PFCG_AUTHORIZATION_SYNC job in our Sandbox, it took 19 hours but it completed with no issues, and we were able to run risk analysis tests successfully. 

When we tried it in our Development system, it ran for 2.5 days before we had to cancel it for other reasons.   We did not receive any error messages, and it seems like the direct read on certain tables took a long time.

Has anyone experienced such long run times, and does anyone have any recommendations to speed up this job?  Should this job take that long??

Thanks,

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We also faced this issue some time back .We followed above mentioned SAP note but no luck .

Later we realize that it was basis team who forgot to perform one of the step after applying SP/Addon .I dont remeber exactly but it was table validation or something .

I would suggest to discuss this with basis team .

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Asheesh:

Thanks for responding.  I spoke to my Basis and there is no documented step after SP or AddOn to perform a table validation.  Would you be able to ask your Basis team what they did??

Many thanks in advance.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Margaret
we were stuck due to some of the table we didnt run table statistic

Ask the basis to run table statistic for all table using brtool at OS level

or ask basis to check at ST04 to find out which table are stuck and run table stats only for tat table

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Asheesh!!!  That worked!

Margaret

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,  apologies for jumping on your post, but we have the same issue.  What was the actual resolution to this so that I can get it resolved by the right team.  Can you provide some more details of what actually needed to be done are there some database tasks to be performed - DB02 etc

many thanks, Dean

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dean:

Our basis guys ran the table statistics at OS level per Asheesh's answer above.  They identified what table was "stuck" and they did some performance tuning on it.  It resolved our issue.

Hope this helps, sorry i can't be more specific on table names, but i think it's dependant on your system.  It you advise your basis to run table stats at OS level, they should be able to see what the issue is.

Thanks,

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the response Margaret.  I also see that there has recently been an OSSNOTE released: 1779613  - I'm just about to implement this in our DEV system to see if this helps - I'll let you know if it does.

thanks again, Dean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

Please check ST22 dumps or SLG1 messages in the GRC System & Plugin System for any clues.

Following SAP notes might help:

Note 1617487 - No more storage space available for extending an internal ta

Regards,

Ajesh.