cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TM8 Rate Table Effective Dates

former_member203115
Participant
0 Kudos

A given rate table has one set of effective dates - i.e. a "valid from" and "valid to" date.  If new rates are determined and you wish to control the rates by their effective dates then you just copy the rate to a new version and change the dates such that the first version is Valid To, say, 3/31/12 and the second (new) version is Valid From 4/1/12.  So far so good.

Our problem:  what happens when we need to have numerous beginning / ending effective dates?  For example - a rate table may contain, say, 1000 different rates.  It happens that certain carrier / lane combinations are renegotiated at different times of the year - let's say weekly (just to keep things simple).  This means that there would be up to 52 different versions of this same rate table.    Seems very awkward, both from a maintenance perspective as well as a performance perspective.

Is there a better way?  I guess I'm thinking of the way condition records would work in ERP where literally each rate had a beginning and ending effective date.  But I sure don't see this sort of flexibility in TM.

Thanks in advance!

Mac McLarin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mac,

I am not sure how to implement it with conditions in TM, but suspect that is the way to go.  Can you describe how you used condition records in ERP to accomplish this feat?

Thanks, Mike

former_member203115
Participant
0 Kudos

keep in mind that conditions in TM and condition records in ERP are a totally different concept.

Anyway - we ended up using a TCCS formula to call and external z table in TM via a BADI.  This Z table contains all the fields the client needed (including from / to dates).  In the end not a big deal to go this route.  But I will wish the TCM rate table approach offered some other options.