cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit Workbench requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Our client has a SolMan 7.0 Ehp1 SP26 system in which Retrofit is configured.

I'm looking for an example workbench opbject that can be retrofitted. Until now all workbench requests I tried (program and security role) have to be retrofitted manually.

Thanks in advance.

Roel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

The retrofit tool uses the copy changes function to copy changes that you have made in a development or maintenance system to another system.  The system only copies the changes (delta) that you have made during the correction, not complete objects in transports.

The Copy Changes function uses two different tools:

• The Correction Workbench changes program, dictionary or documentation objects (in transport requests of type ‘Workbench’).

• Business Customizing Sets (BC Sets) change content (in transport requests of type ‘Customizing’).

---------------------------------------

The table below provides an overview of all objects and releases that are supported by the Copy Changes function.

ABAP source code (REPS)

Release 3.1I and higher, attributes SAP Web AS 6.20 and higher

Note

The Copy Changes function does not support language-specific objects, like REPT (report texts), text symbols or documentation objects.

End of the note.

Dynpros/screens (DYNP)

·         Attribute and element lists: Release 4.5x and higher

·         Screen flow logic: Release 3.1I and higher

Note

The Copy Changes function does not support GUI status objects, like R3TR CUAD objects, or GUI titles.

End of the note.

Function modules (FUNC)

·         Release 3.1I and higher

·         Function module interfaces: Release 4.5x and higher

Classes (CLAS):

·         Class definitions (CLSD)

·         Class includes (CINC): Local definitions, local class implementations and macros

·         Private sections (CPRI)

·         Protected sections (CPRO)

·         Public sections (CPUB)

·         Package areas (CPAK)

Interfaces (INTF)

·         Release 4.6x and higher

·         Package areas: SAP NW 7.0 and higher

Exception: The system copies changes made to classes and interfaces in Release 6.x (and higher) to lower releases. It does not copy changes from Release 4.6x to Release 6.x (and higher).

Note

If you have copied changes to a lower release that does not support version management, the system cannot automatically reset the changes. To cancel your changes, do so manually.

End of the note.

Type groups (TYPD)

The system can only copy changes in type groups - which are supported in Release 6.x (and higher) and Release 4.6D – to lower releases. No changes can be copied from releases lower than 4.6D to higher releases.

Note

If you have copied changes to a lower release that does not support version management, the system cannot automatically reset the changes. To cancel your changes, do so manually.

End of the note.

Methods (METH)

ABAP source code, attributes, parameters and exceptions (supported in SAP Web AS 6.20 and higher)

Page/controller for BSP applications (WAPP)

ABAP source code, attributes, layout, event handler, page attributes and type definitions (supported in SAP Web AS 6.20 and higher)

ITS objects (Internet Transaction Server):

·         Cross-language binary IAC (Internet Application Component) (IAMU) data

·         Cross-language IAC templates (IATU)

·         Parameters of an IAC service (IASP)

·         Parameters of an IAC language resource (IASP)

SAP NetWeaver 2004 and higher

Info objects from the MIME repository (SMIM)

SAP NetWeaver 2004 and higher

Messages (MESS) and message classes (MSAD)

Release 4.5x and higher

Exception: The Copy Changes function only supports short texts. It does not support long texts in messages (all texts in SAP Script format).

Note

The system copies the entire text for messages, and displays the changes, not just the changes, as for all other objects.

End of the note.

ABAP Dictionary objects

·         Domain definition (DOMD)

·         Data element definition (DTED)

·         Table definition (TABD)

·         Technical table attributes (TABT)

·         Table type definition (TTYD)

Release 4.5x and higher

·         Enhancement implementation (ENHO)

·         Enhancement spot (ENHC)

·         Composite enhancement implementation (ENHS)

·         Composite enhancement spot (ENSC)

Source code enhancements and source code definitions:

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and higher

Note

Enhancements in classes, function modules, parameter interfaces, Web Dynpro implementations and BAdI implementations and definitions, are not supported by the Copy Changes function.

End of the note.

Web Dynpro Comp./Intf. (WDYN):

·         Definition (WDYD)

·         Controller (WDYC)

·         View and window (WDYV)

Web Dynpro components and Web Dynpro component interfaces: SAP NetWeaver 7.0, SPS 09 and higher

Note

Other Web Dynpro ABAP objects, such as Web Dynpro applications (WDYA) or Web Dynpro configurations, are not supported by the Copy Changes function.

View/window and the corresponding controller (with the same name) are always processed together. An ABAP interface (R3TR INTF) is automatically generated for controller COMPONENTCONTROLLER or INTERFACECONTROLLER. The interface IWCI [component_name] is implicitly affected by the Copy Changes function, but is not displayed. The interface only appears again in the transport request.

End of the note.

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

This 'copy changes'; where should I find it? Is this a button? I don't see this anywhere on my retrofit screen.

From what I'm reading in your reply, this seems to be the 'Retrofit' button to me. Is this correct?

Best regards,

Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

The copy changes function is the "Start retrofit" action from the task list, also accessible from the action in CRMD_ORDER if configured for a certain status.  See links below for Solman 7.0 from SAP on the functionality.

Copy Changes:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/b6/6de59f9abc4d17a04ac6486c2e8b84/frameset.htm

Copy Object Changes:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/24/5a200e3d0d4b7d85bf0471be4937a4/content.htm

Answers (0)