cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Retrofit in SolMan 7.0 Ehp1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Our client has a SolMan 7.0 Ehp1 SP26 system in which Retrofit is configured.

When doing the setup for a demo, I noticed that within customizing request, no object check is performed. For example: when I retrofit an object from the DEV system in the maintenance landscape (source system) to the DEV system in the implementation landscape (target system), the object in the target system is simply overwritten. No matter the object in the target is system is newer or not.

Shouldn't SolMan perform a check before performing the retrofit?

Thanks in advance.

Roel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

we came across similar issues for customising using the retrofit tool, we found that when applying table changes it copied the entries over the top of what was already in the target system.  With this in mind to avoid any risk we had to incorporate an additional process that had the developer check the table between source and target development systems (using cross system table comparision of tables) prior to applying the retrofit to see if retrofit was permissable.  If not it had to be done manually, although we found it safer to perform the customising retrofit manually in most cases anyway.

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for this insight Paul!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. Thanks a lot Paul for getting this straight. That explains why the CSOL wasn't doing what I expected.

Thanks both for you help.

Roel

Sajid
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

Were you able to figure out why customizing requests were not checked/overwritten in retrofit? We are also having the same issue in our 7.0 Ehp1 system.

TIA

Saj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

was the item red, yellow or green in the Retrofit analysis? If it was yellow, that is the indication that you need to be careful and do a comparison. Retrofit doesn't really care if you are overwriting code, it just warns you that you are about to do so. A transport of copies is used to bring the configuration into the target system and it overwrites orginal by default.

If it was green, it means Retrofit missed the object. You should look to see if CSOL is turned on in the target and source system. Also make sure the RFC connections used to log the CSOL entries are not broken between the systems and SolMan. It's these CSOL entries that are used to identify the conflicts.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

The traffic light is green and CSOL wasn't activated.

I've activated it now for my source and target system, but still the traffic light is green. I'm currently looking for the RFCs that are used for this object check.

Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Apologies if I'm wrong, but I think you are refering to the functionality in the enhanced retrofit included in 7.1 Solman (or downgraded into 7.0), that is not the standard 7.0 Solman retrofit.

7.0 doesn't include the categorisation or conflict analysis using the CSOL or the transport of copies.

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, you're right Paul. I just recently implemented the downported 7.0 version of Enhanced Retrofit. I don't think my brain can even go back to the old version now. I'm going to bow out of this before I confuse this discussion more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Where can I find documentation concerning this downported 7.0 version of Enhanced Retrofit?

Thanks in advance,

Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

Sorry, but I don't think there are any documents available for this. It was an SAP supported initiative, and It's my understanding that it has only been done a couple of times in the US and a handful of times in Germany. If you want to know about the functionality, it's basically the 7.1 process. We just had to install some custom BADIs, setup some RFCs, turn on CSOL and start releasing transports.

regards,

Jason