cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BexAnalyzer 3.x work with Excel 2010?

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are still running the 3.5 BexAnalyzer tool with Netweaver and SAP_BW 730 and this is working well with Windows XP/Excel 2007. Another part of our business now needs access to our workbooks using the BExAnalyzer 3.x but they are running on Windows 7/Excel 2010.

When they open the 3.5 BExAnalyzer tool they are prompted to insert a smart card, which seems strange. If I ignore this message I try to logon to our BW system and get the following error.

=======================================

Microsoft Visual Basic Error

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Method 'Logon' of object '_CSAPLogonConnection' failed

=======================================

I've seen some suggestions saying to ensure the Language is entered and I have but still getting the error.

Can anyone advise if the BExAnalyzer 3.5 will work with Windows 7/Excel 2010? If it should then can you help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running 3.5 and recently upgraded to 7.3.  To be able to still run queries sucessfully you need to make sure the SAP GUI is release 7.2 patch 7. Without the latest level your users will get VB errors like the one you listed in your message.

Thanks

Denise

0 Kudos

Hi Denise,

Thanks for your response, we had been working down that path and can confirm that the latest SAPGUI and BEx patches resolved the problem,

Thanks,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, I have been using BEx Analyzer with Windows 7/Excel 2010 and the only important Issue we have faced is that the numbers are appearing as text.

Regards,

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos