cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 to PI 7.3 Post upgrade PI objects changes required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are about to start XI 3.0 to PI 7.3 dual stack in-place upgrade and I am trying to list out the post upgrade scenario based changes required.

Definitely we will do regression testing and identify the issues and fixes, however I would like to estimate the changes required beforehand.

As a starting point, I am considering the below changes,

1. Java mapping, adapter module API changes?

2. Redeploying JDBC, JMS external drivers?

3. Regenerating Public/privates keys, encryption algorithm after upgrade (we have PGP encryption for banking scenarios)? Encryption accomplished in XI 3.0 using File adapter + UNIX scripts.

What are the other cases I need to consider apart from above?

Please note that, as of now we are not planning to reengineer production scenarios with new PI 7.3 features, idea is to upgrade with minimal development effort.

Cheers,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to above, few more things ...

1) Java Version in  xi 3.0 is jdk 1.4. Whereas Pi 7.3 uses  1.5 + . So you will have to take care compiling java mappings with the latest jvm and deploy in 7.3. Higher version java already has preloaded XML parsers . So you dont need to use other XML parsers in your java mapping. Rather use just java for mapping and create /parse xml documents. This would be better for going forward. SAP also recommend this.

2) You can do graphical jdbc and rfc lookup instead of traditional UDF codings, if any.

3) You might set XML schemal validation here during pipeline steps. (Though that is not mandatory)

4) PI 7.3 supports processing huge files processing . So if you have logic in x.3 to split files, you dont need any more.

5) Proxy adapters use SOAP Adapter (XI) also in the higher versions. You can use this if you want to implement the scenario entirely in Advanced Adapter Engine.

6) Service Interface  supports more than one method within the same interface in 7.1 and above.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In additions to what wrote above:

- Additionals Adapter Modules (installation/configuration)

- XSLT Mapping

- About PGP Enc/Dec: PGP software reinstallation on new OS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh

You can also consider the new PGP module by SAP and SFTP Adapter.

Also BPM scenarios will have to be re engineered using BPM.

External drivers will have to redeployed on new server.

ESR content can be transported as it is.

ID objects like Receiver Agreement, Receiver determination etc needs to be recreated.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja, Praveen!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

the links don't work anymore, could you provide new ones please?

Thanks

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

due to SCN migration content certain links doesnt work. In this case you have to point browser to Author main page, like this

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2   and then to Content Tab, then navigate to each page

You will find links given my Michal here

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/content?start=20