cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Size determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can somebody provide me the solution of the below requirement.

we have a requirement to determine the size of container during the delivery creation. We want that during the delivery cretion the container size like length and width should get determined or else we should have some place in delivery where we can mention the specification of container which can be used further during shipment creation. Thank you very much in advance.

Sumalatha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why dont you use the std field available in delivery document at the header level in the shipment tab. name of the field is means of transport (LIKP-TRMTYP). this field we have used as a packaging material in the category of transport equipment. you can execute VHAR transaction and create your packaging materials as per the requirement. in the pkg material type you can define the category of material as transport equipment or packaging material.

for example if the packaging material is a ship/rail.truck then enter the ID of means of transport. thats what you were looking for and then you can have a small zee development to copy this field to the shipment doument. we already have a field available there which is called container ID.

Regards

Rajiv Rana

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to go for zee table where only, you can input fields like

a) Container Type (like Open-top, Standard, Hard-top etc.,)

b) Capacity

c) Dimension (inside length, width & height)

and whatever further fields you want, you can add.

Based on the above, whenever user generates delivery document, system should fetch the above table and fetch the required data somewhere.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I will try to develop a custom table then if nothing is possible for this requirement in std sap.

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Any suggestion???

Suma

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has provided a transaction to register the means of transport which serves as a Gate pass and it is not linked to any other transaction in SAP. This “LECI” transaction can be used to register the incoming Container details in SAP system.

The Container is registered for a Sales Order and through development serves complete tracking in SAP.

Kindly check the above solution in SAP.I can provide some details to map it into SAP through ABAP Development.

Regards,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you would be aware, there are different types of containers like 20 foot, 40 foot, Opentops, Flatrack, Standard etc., and these are fixed dimensions.

So all you have to do is first you need to arrive the cargo load and see whether which container type can accommodate the shipment. Also somewhere you have to store these fixed data and fetch during delivery creation.  For this, I think, you need to go for a zee table to store container related all data.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes we can go for a Zee development but before going for that I thought of using some standard ways if available otherwise we will have to put these specifications in the Zee table for further use to determine the container.

Suma

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please provide the complete req or info for below queries?

-What are the different sizes of container? What should be the logic to determine container ?

- There are free fields available in delivery, does it have any problem using the same or possible to use text field with new text id?

- How the business is going to use this functionality during shipment?

- Why you are looking for Container size determination in delivery & why cant be in Shipment, where it has multiple deliveries?         

Regards,

Reazuddin MD