cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we perform CompleteSFC WS at POST_START activity hook point?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP ME 5.2 Developers,

I have a situation, where I need to trigger a SAP MII transaction that calls SAP ME CompleteSFC Web Service. This is writen in an Activity Hook that is attached to activity hook point POST_START. Will a SFC get completed at POST_START?

Message was edited by: Avinash Fernandes, PRE_START corrected to POST_START

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash

It is actually a PRE-START activity (not post-start) that is triggering the action.

Daria

The routing contains three operations: OPER1, OPER2 and OPER3.

An activity hook is PRE-START on OPER2

The purpose of the pre-start activity is to create the SFC at OPER1 and start, assemble a child SFC (related to the new SFC created) now active at OPER1 and then complete the SFC at OPER1. At this point the PRE-START activity on OPER2 is now complete and ready for the core START transaction with the new SFC now in-queue at OPER2.

So the question is, can we call the SFCComplete WS (for OPER1), while still within the control of the PRE-START activity at OPER2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash

I may have jumped the gun on the response to this, is this the Test Update Design? If it is, then the POST-START activity hook (in this case being an async call), should be executed, finalized and the core SFC-START should have executed before the SFC-COMPLETE from the MII WS is executed.

Please verify?

Grant