cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAR Service Desk in Solman 7.1 WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm setting up Service desk for use in a VAR setup and I would like the customer’s key users to logon and see their messages that they have created in our solution.

My problem is that I can't restrict the key users from seeing their Incident messages. How can this be done? They are set up as BP “Contact persons” linked to a BP “sold-to”. When I log on with the test key user that I have created I can see all the messages created in the system.

How can I hold the different texts separated between the support personnel and our customer’s key users? I would like to have specific text that I can enter but that is not shown to our customers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have now got an answer from SAP. The WebUI is not for Key Users! I don't find this to be really clear in any of the documentation that SAP provides. How hard can it be to just state this in the VAR Config guide. I have spent a week on trying to get this to work with many different settings and different roles . For the Key users the workcenter should be used. I don't know if the WebUI will support the key users in the future but for now they have to stick to the workcenter solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kristoffer Pehrson wrote:

Hi all,

I have now got an answer from SAP. The WebUI is not for Key Users! I don't find this to be really clear in any of the documentation that SAP provides. How hard can it be to just state this in the VAR Config guide. I have spent a week on trying to get this to work with many different settings and different roles . For the Key users the workcenter should be used. I don't know if the WebUI will support the key users in the future but for now they have to stick to the workcenter solution.

It is great that now we have an answer from SAP which confirms our thoughts.

We spent a lot of time in explorations of end-user authorizations in Web UI and now we know that our time was wasted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kristoffer,

have you ask SAP, whether or not SAP will change this with SP5?

I mean to allow Key users also to work with CRM_UI and to restrict the message view only for the installation number of customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So now we can see that in updated security guide (SP05) new single roles have been added to the composite role SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE_COMP for Key Users:

• SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANPRO_CREA
  • SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_FRAMEWORK
  • SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANREQU

I hope now end users will be able to see only their messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Artem,

many thanks!

Is there a new business role for Key Users (VAR) with SP5, especially for the new function Service Request?

Or do they work with the standard business role SOLMANPRO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Alex.

There are some mentions about new business roles for IT Service Management in SP5.

But I can't answer affirmatively about special business role for end user (we are still work with SP4).

May be our colleagues will help us...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Artem,

I copied the new roles as follows:

• ZSAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANPRO_CREA
  • Z_SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_FRAMEWORK
  • Z_SAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANREQU

After the assignment of these roles the key user gets still no access error when he/she tries to execute CRM_UI.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex, and what about other roles? Have you added all single roles from composite SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE_COMP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem!

Yes, the copied role Z_SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE_COMP was earlier assigned to the key users.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kristoffer,

You should create separate roles, business roles with separate transaction type (SMIV, SMIV2 etc.). When you assign role and business role to the key user, then she or he would see only incident messages which he has authorization.

Please see documents on Solman Wiki. I hope that links will be helpful.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMAUTH/Use+Case+Overview#UseCaseOverview-incidentmanagement

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMAUTH/UC00032

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!
Is it possible to restrict the access for the different key users according to solutions, installation numbers, systems?
The VAR scenario can contain several customers (for instance up to 100 customers), so it is not very practical to create several transaction types (SMV01, ...SMV100)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solman Expert wrote:

The VAR scenario can contain several customers (for instance up to 100 customers), so it is not very practical to create several transaction types (SMV01, ...SMV100)...

I totally agree with you. Making one transaction type for one customer - is not correct.

But the problem of new WebUI in SM 7.1 is that we can't prevent key users from seeing ALL incidents (unlike in solman_workcenter)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there no authorization object that can restrict this? I feel that this would be a huge flaw in the solution if you can't restrict this. In our case we have about 25 customers and it would not look nice to mix all their requirements in one worklist for everyone to see.

Have you got this verified with SAP Artem?

I found a note about the "Responsible for" business partner role but when I started implement it manually some of the code in the note were missing. Has anyone of you tried to use the responsible for business partner?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I realize that my proposed solution is inadequate, but I can`t find solution in this document:

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001353932011E/VAR-Guide_IM_ConfMar16.pdf

Artem can you tell us if you verify this issue at SAP?

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for silence, somehow I missed your questions.

A message was sent to SAP but no answer yet...