cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

description cost center not visible ?

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I create a shoppingcart in srm 5.0 we first can select the appropiate order or costcenter

when I select an order the description of the order is found and shown on screen.

when I select a cost center the description of the costcenter is not shown ?

I have found the problem in the function BBP_PDH_ACC_GET_DESCRIPTION

here the selection for the order is

IF NOT ls_acc_object-order_no IS INITIAL.

and for the costcenter

IF NOT ls_acc_object-cost_ctr IS INITIAL
       AND NOT ls_acc_object-co_area IS INITIAL.

the co_area is empty so it can't pass the description any more.

now I can't figure out where and how I can set the co_area for organisational units in the ppoma or somewhere else ?

where can I influence the value of co_area in srm 5.0 ?

kind regard

Arthur de Smidt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have made a change in the badi BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT

where I get the proper co_area for a company code and populate it when there is a costcenter in the accounting structure

kind regards

arthur

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I could see, the cost center description depends on controlling area and the cost center combination. That is for the same cost center value with different controlling area the descriptions can vary.

As far as I know, controlling area is defined in ECC with correspondent cost center. Once you select it from search help, cost center description will be updated.

Regards,
Ricardo

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that seems reasonable but it doesn't work that way unfortunately . the costcenter has a co area but somehow it is not found by srm in the ecc system. I was not able to track down where the logic behind retrieving a co-area is performed. when I have the co_area than I will also get the description

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its getting stranger the more I debug. in screen SAPLBBP_SC_UI_ITS 0100 the cs_global is filled. through BBP_SC_APP_EVENT_DISPATCHER the global values are determined. but nowhere I can find that a co_area is collected. I also checked the attributes in BBP_ATTR_F1

but the parameter CAC for co area is not defined  ?

still curious where I can set my CO area in srm so that the description of the costcenter can be obtained ?

kind regards

arthur