SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund center is not changing when changing cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have rule in FMDERIVE in Cost center to fund center. When parking document through FB50 i have put one cost center and fund center is getting derived as defined in fmderive. Now when doing posting through FBV0 i am changing cost center but my fund center is not getting changed could you please guide me why ? as the changed cost center is having different fund center.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once FM objects are derived if u change the cost center then fund center will not change unless and until if u select overwrite with new value option in FM derivation rules.

Regards

Rao

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once FM objects are derived if u change the cost center then fund center will not change unless and until if u select overwrite with new value option in FM derivation rules.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Dear Rao

Thanks for your reply my problem is solved but could you guide me with the third option

Whats the relevance of overwrite with new value if new value is not empty

0 Kudos

Hi

In your case fund center was already updated in the line item but u are chaning cost center respectively relevant fund center was not udpated, since Fund center was already available in the line item. If u wish to over write with new value you can choose this option (updated with new FC).

Suppose if you are not made  any chanes in cost center then document will be posted with already existing fund center. If new derivation rules were updated for the combinaiton of CC-FC then new FC will be derived if you select 'Overwrite with new value' option.

Hope this will help to clarify your doubt.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Dear Rao

Could you please clarify a bit as new to fund management about the third option

Whats the relevance of "overwrite with new value if new value is not empty"

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose if you  set "DoNot overwrite if fld is already filled", in this case if target field is maintained then there willn't any updates. (Means if Fund center is available in the line item then it will not over write even if you change cost center. Example your case Parked doc posting with new cost center)

Suppose if you set "Over write with new value" option in this case if there is Fund centre in line item  and you put a new cost centre, then Fund centre overwites with new fund center (Means what you are expecting in Parked doc posting with new cost center also Fund center need to be udpated accordingly).

Hope u understand the difference

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Dear Rao

Thanks for your immediate reply i got the two option but not getting the third one's relevance  "overwrite with new value if new value is not empty"

please guide me on this one "overwrite with new value if new value is not empty"

0 Kudos

Hi

'Over write with new value if new value is not empty' means

Target fields that are already filled with a value are usually not overwritten during a derivation step. However, we can make a setting here with 'Over write with new value if new value is not empty',  so that this target field is always overwritten with the result of the derivation step regardless of whether it already contains a value.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Dear Rao

Thanks for you reply what if i understood correctly i had one rule in derivation  from which the fund center was derived (say cost center A  fund center A) so when i do a transaction fund center A will be derived from cost center A. Now if i change derivation rule by assigning Cost center A with Fund center B and choose 'Over write with new value if new value is not empty' it will change it even if it have value so fund center A will be change fund center B

Now my concern is the same thing can be done with the second option "overwrite with new value' so what's the difference

please guide

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For target fields in derivation there are some options.

You can set Not overwrite, in this case if target field is maintained then there willn't any updates.

Click on the intermediate button in target field  You will get the options.

If you set Overwite, then if there is Fund centre and you put new cost centre, then Fund centre overwites with new value

Regards

Vipin