Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to prxy async - Error handling in the ECC

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have 2 options for the file to proxy async scenario if the message goes in error in ECC -

1. send an email in the proxy code and generate a message in application log ( tcode SLG1) or Z table

2. use the FEH ( forward error handling technique ) http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2011/02/24/pixi-forward-error-handling-feh-for-async...

which one should i go for ? my decision is tilted towards option 1

PS : If i use the fault mt it will not generate an alert or email...so i am not looking at that option

thx

hema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if all you need is a notification, then go for option 1

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

apart from notification ...if i need to restart the message ...i can do the same in sxmb_moni of ecc as well right

why do we use FEH then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

apart from notification ...if i need to restart the message ...i can do the same in sxmb_moni of ecc as well right - You can.

why do we use FEH then? - what i get from michal's blog is that FEH is for forwarding the msgs to PostProcessing Office tool, which has the options of repeat, confirm and discard for an error msg. it replaces standard fault msgs by using ECH framework for exception handling.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if  you need email / notifications better to go option 1 that is very simple to handle ur requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Option 2 will allow you to see exceptions in sxmb_moni of ECC and the message will go in error status. May be you can also check possibility of mix of option1 and option2. i.e In case of any failure send an email, create application log and then raise an exception in proxy code(Option2). Well, I have never tried this, not sure if this doable or so..

- Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think option 1 seems ok.