Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Monitoring via SolMan

luigi_co
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am very new to System Monitoring. Just some few questions regarding System Monitoring:

1. What can be monitored under System Monitoring? What alerts can be set-up? Is there a documentation on all of the possible monitors possible under system monitoring?

2. In system monitoring, do we only monitor the system itself? Or do we still need a business process to monitor?

3. Is there a updated step-by-step process on how System Monitoring can be set-up (for dummies)?

4. Also, once system monitoring is set-up, does this mean ALL the monitors under system monitoring are set-up already?

5. If I have system monitoring setup already in system ABC, can I copy the setup to system BCD? or do I have to reconfigure/setup everything?

Thank you very much. Any help would be appreciated.

Luigi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Luigi

I think it's best you log in at the link below and start reading about the system

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/rkt - solution manager - Sap solution manager 7.1 - technical operation

There you will find lots of information

you can monitor abap+java system DB mdm live cache trex ETC

in solution manager 7.1 you can use in template by SAP you can use them

take this link and learn the system monitoring guide

Regards

Naor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi,

System monitoring is an enhancement version of CCMS, graphical overview of your system status entirely.

To set up system monitoring, you need to completed (1) System preparation (2) Basic Configuration (3) Managed system setup (4) Technical monitoring. Yes, you need to install DAA and SapHostAgent.

There's a template in technical monitoring where you can define your own monitoring tree, threshold, notification and etc. Yes, you can monitor solman system as well. Once you created the template, you can apply this to your landscape, runnin on same OS, SAP product version and database.

Sadly, there's no step to step guide on system monitoring yet. But you can find it at help.sap.com, where brieft explanation is covered.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/eb/c67d399faf4d8ebfcddb65f234abb2/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang