cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which adapter to be used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a flow from ECC to AII system. I am sending an Idoc to it through XI. I want to know if the AII system accept Idoc or not. If it doesn't accept then I need to send it as a File. How do I kow if the AII system can accept Idoc or not?

This is the first time I am working with this and I am not sure how to check that

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

First check with Target systems what protocol they supports. Based on that you can either use IDOC or file adapter.

-Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

How do I check the target systems about the protocols that it supports?

Rajeev,

I dont think they will be able to provide that information. Its an SAP system

Regards

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is a SAP system, then you have IDoc, RFC and Proxy as an option. This can be send into XI or XI can send this to SAP. About the other system, if it is a file system then XI can convert an IDoc/Proxy or RFC to a File and vice versa. Similarly it can connect to DB, send mail etc etc. So basically it depends on what your sending system can send and what your receiver system can accept. XI/PI will then mediate and do the required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

You will have to ask your target system about the protocols. Based on the agreed protocols then you can take a call to use different adapters available in PI.

-Amol

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

If its Inbound Scenario and if Data is flowing from "End User System(Target)==>PI==>SAP(ECC)" then from Affiliate side you can send any type of Data(Depending on END User System Configuration), then it will come in to "PI" as Designed, but when "PI" will pass data to "SAP(ECC)" System it will send in some Format as "IDoc OR Proxy".

and If the Scenario is "SAP(ECC)==>PI==>End User System(Target)" then SAP System will send the data in type of "File/IDoc/RFC/Proxy"etc etc...then it enters PI, then in PI it depends on Configuration like if there is one more team "MQ"(Messaging Queue) after "PI" team then we need to use JMS Adapter, like wise there is the use of Adapters.
it Depends on the "End User" System Configuration if it is SAP or Non-SAP.

you need to get the details from "End user" i.e from Target and SAP System(get a Functional guy/BI guy and ask what type of data they are sending to the End system)

Hope this will help you...

Good Luck....

Former Member
0 Kudos

might be idoc adapter supports only sap related systems  for  ex  r/3 systems.

u can refer in below link about adapeters and "IDOC" :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/70d8e250-e892-2b10-ab8a-d04433cf158b

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is an SAP r/3 system, it can accept IDOC.

you can ask the third party team to check and let you know if they can accept IDOC in their system.