cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cts+: No valid transport request found; consult your system administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I configured CTS+ for my SAP Portal 7.0 (SP14) by using my SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP 4. During the configuration activities no issues raise but

if I try to export my iview from my sap portal the following error appear:

"No valid transport request found; consult your system administrator"

This is very strange because I created a TR by using the Transport Organizer web UI before the export of the iview in sap portal.

I already performed the following actions:

• I checked the rfc connection (sap.com/com.sap.tc.di.CTSserver) from SAP Portal to SAP Solman and It works fine
  • CTS_USER  configured in the rfc is a service user and he has sap_all profile in solution manager and sap role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN
  • CTSDEPLOY http connection works fine
  • Logical port for web service was already activated by default (I’m using sap SM 7.1 sp04)
  • Transport Organizer Web UI service has been activated
  • Basic TMS configuration steps has been done in solution manager

Please could anyone help me to resolve the issue?

Thanks

gio'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gio,

There are patches in note #1003674 that have to be implemented on the
communication system and the domain controller. Please ensure all
these patches are applied by applying this note to both
systems via SNOTE.

Have you configured the following parameters in STMS->system->Transport
tool tab?

NON_ABAP_WBO_CLIENT
NON_ABAP_WBO_INBOX
WBO_GET_REQ_STRATEGY
WBO_REL_REQ_STRATEGY

For possible values please see the online help.

The following notes area attached for your reference:

1172252 - CTS+, 'attach file': Troubleshooting Guide;
1003674 - Enhancement for non-ABAP systems in CTS;
1155884 - CTS+, configuration 'close coupling': Troubleshooting guide;

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,Hans,

thank you for the information. The following parameters are configured in the solman tms for the SAP portal:

TRANSDIR   \\<hostnam>\sapmnt\trans
COMMUNICATION_SYSTEM   <SID>
NBUFFORM   1
NON_ABAP_SYSTEM   1
NON_ABAP_WBO_CLIENT   050
TP_VERSION   371
WBO_GET_REQ_STRATEGY   TAGGED

I performed an authorization trace in order to check for missing authorization but no error has been detected. I also checked that when I click on export button in the sap portal a rfc call is done from portal to solman. No information are available in System Log in solman.

Any idea useful to resolve the issue?

thanks

gio'

hans-dieter_frey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Deepika is right, first prerequisite is that note 1003674 is installed (if it contains patches for your ABAP release). Have you checked this in your communication system (via transaction SNOTE)?

Then as export is triggered from portal (JAVA stack) logs on issues there should be located on portal (export) system. Please check JAVA logs there for detailed stack trace, typically containing the important details below line with something like 'JCoException'. More details and several ways how to retrieve log details (also sligthly depending on release of your portal) are listed in mentioned note 1155884 (and even more details in attachment of this note), together with several resolution proposals.

And I have to ask again: Please be also aware that portal will only pick the transport request preselected for the used portal user -what does Transport Organizer Web UI started from portal export screen (via link 'transport requests') show for this user? [It should show at least one request, marked as preselected for the current user in portal...]

BR,

Hans-Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

checking the Java logs I can see the following error:

Default request is not configured (for application type: EP, user: $MYSAPSSO2$, SID: EP7, SC: null). Create a corresponding default request (e.g. via your Transport Administrator)

I'm executing the export with user admin but as you can see above the system said  "user: $MYSAPSSO2$"..

Maybe the issue is related to the fact the  sap portal is not able to send the correct user to the solution manager? Any suggestion about this?

thanks

gio'

hans-dieter_frey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gio,

thanks for the error details -that reminded me of a known issue with initially delivered SP14 version of portal. I would like to point again to note 1003674, section 'Limitations in Support Package Stack 14':

With the Support Package Stack 14 level that was initially
        delivered, you cannot use the following scenarios. You must first

apply the following patches:

Scenario          Patch (at least)     Note(s)

EP                EPPSERV, patch #1    1134795

So please ensure your portal systems (esp. export system) have applied the patch as described in (portal) note 1134795.

Hope this finally helps to resolve, BR,

Hans-Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

thank you for your collaboration. Currently I have the following SP

EP-PSERV 7.00 SP 14  Patch 0

I'm going to update this package and I'll give you a feedback asap.

thanks

gio'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

I updated the package to sp 15 but the error still exist and now there are no error message in log file.

Any other suggestions?

gio'

hans-dieter_frey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gio,

sorry for the delay, have to say that leaves me pretty clueless...

Can you give more details on what you mean with 'same issue': Attach still fails and you get same message in portal UI ("No valid transport request found; consult your system administrator")?

Have you tried to restart JAVA engine after deployment?

What is your configured value for WBO_GET_REQ_STRATEGY? And again: Please be aware that portal will only pick the transport request preselected for the used portal user -does Transport Organizer Web UI started from portal export screen (via link 'transport requests') show a preselected request for this user? [If not already set you mqy want to switch to WBO_GET_REQ_STRATEGY=SMART, to test/ensure that it's not a user matching issue: This will always ensure a preselected request is in place (if user has permissions to create one, in case none already exists). What are your findings then? Which user is the request owner? In case of issues: Do you now find messages in JAVA log?]

BR,

Hans-Dieter

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Gio,

gio s wrote:

Hi Hans,

checking the Java logs I can see the following error:

Default request is not configured (for application type: EP, user: $MYSAPSSO2$, SID: EP7, SC: null). Create a corresponding default request (e.g. via your Transport Administrator)

I'm executing the export with user admin but as you can see above the system said  "user: $MYSAPSSO2$"..

Maybe the issue is related to the fact the  sap portal is not able to send the correct user to the solution manager? Any suggestion about this?

thanks

gio'

is this still a problem?

I'll share a solution for a very similar problem:

Please ensure that an RFC destination as described in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/37/dd368da16f476fad78ca8b51f9b75c/content.htm has been configured (needed only after your upgrade to SP14).

The correct name would be:

sap.com/com.sap.tc.di.CTSserver

(Please note the 'small s' in 'server').

If this exact RFC destination is missing, it  will be handled as 'CTS is not configured'-scenario.

If the destination is defined -with correct name- please attach an screen shot of the destination settings together with the settings of your non-ABAP system (from TMS, tab 'Transport Tool'). This might give first hints on possible misconfigurations. If CTS connection is configured, but excpetions occur, please attach also the latest default trace (or check it yourself for exceptions from

a 'com.sap.tc.di-class': Usually 'at the bottom' of the stack trace details on the issue can be found).

A troubleshooting guide for issues with this configuration is contained in note #1155884.

Lastly, the key note for this problem was already mentioned on previous replies: #1003674. Please double check if it's not "incompletely implemented" on your system. It should be fully implemented to ensure proper CTS+ behavior.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hans-dieter_frey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check whether SAP note 1155884 can help you -usually you need to check the stack trace (several ways described in this note) to find out the 'real cause': All currently known issues, messages and resolutions are listed in mentioned note.

If note doesn't help its last sections tells what is needed to further analyze (stack trace, details of RFC destination and TMS transport tool tab).

Please be also aware that portal will only pick the transport request preselected for the used portal user -what does Transport Organizer Web UI started from portal export screen (via link 'transport requests') show for this user?

BR,

Hans-Dieter