Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sd Consultants,

I`m using product allocation and it`s workiung fine ecxepo for one case

The issue is that while creating the sales order for the a specific material and customer considering that the open product allocation is 10 pieces,

If the same material  is entered more than once in the same sales order and the order quantity of each item is less than the product allocation quantity, the system confirms the order quantity for all the items of that material   although the sum of  all the  items of that material exceeds the product allocation quantity for example if I entered the material 10012003026011 twice in the sales order ,the first item is 10 pieces so the system confirms the order quantity as the order quantity is equal to the product allocation quantity  but when I enter the second item for the same material 10012003026011 with order quantity 10 pieces the system shouldn`t confirm any quantity for that item as the first item consumed all the product allocation quantity however the system confirms the quantity for the second item and that results in over confirmation and the open product allocation quantity becomes negative in MC94

An any one tell me the reason for that issue?

Regards,

Sd Consultants

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

How did you calculate the 'Open Product Allocation Qty'? Did you use a macro or was there a standard formula for that. I wrote a 'default' macro in the Planning Type. The problem with that is to get the open prod alloc qty, I have to go to the planning Type in change mode, ensure the macro runs at that level and then save it. After that the open prod alloc qty becomes negative but sale order gets confirmation, exactly like your scenario.

Any help you can give me on this?
Thanks,

Subash