Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new-page in table (smartforms)

cywings
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi all,

my smartform has only one page.

inside the main window there's a table node which will loop thru an internal table.

my task is to call a new page after each item.

i tried to put a coding note inside one of the cells.

NEW-PAGE.

but not successful, the main window still displays all the records in one page. i want to separate them, if there's 3 item, 3 pages.

how do i do that??

thanks! points will be awarded.

Message was edited by:

Yew Wing Chen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marius_greeff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right-click - Create - Command and in the command specify a new page and the page you would like.

Regards,

Marius

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hello Dear!

To jump dynamically to the next page you must create a variable to store the number of linahs of your table.

After this, use a command Linah to check the value and a command to jump to the next page, I hope that in some way will help if not at this time other demands. As in the picture.

Att.

cywings
Explorer
0 Kudos

yes!!! i managed to solved it by using folder node.

put all the table line inside the same folder and check the page protection option.

it will force a new page.

n thanks to those who contributed ideas..

former_member188326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yew,

Can you explain in detail how you achieve this using folder node?

As i have to do the same thing i.e. i want each table node entry on each page.

Regards,

Bharat Mistry.

former_member188326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yew,

Can you explain in detail how you achieve this using folder node?

As i have to do the same thing i.e. i want each table node entry on each page.

Regards,

Bharat Mistry.

cywings
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi bharat,

In your table Node, inside your main area section, u can right-click and create a folder.

check the page-protection area and put all your table lines under the folder node.

therefore all under the folder node shall be page-protected.

former_member188326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yew,

Thanks for your reply. I have done what you have told but still all the records are displayed on the same page.

Let me explain my problem in detail. I have an internal table and using table node i am displaying the records. Since my internal table contains details of documents from BSEG table. I want that each document should be displayed on separate page even though they are in the same table node.

How can i do this? Can you please help me out.

I have done through loop node but i want to do with table node due to formatting issues of text.

Regards,

Bharat Mistry.

cywings
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi all,

i'm still unable to do the page-break thing..

anymore ideas?

i need to display something like this:

nationality: xxxxx

port: xxxxxx

date: xxxxxx

buyer: xxxx

then if next record, goto next page.....

all those currently i put into a table...as those fields displayed are dynamic.

i have a customized table to determine which fields are displayed.. if let's say port is not required, the display would be:

nationality: xxxxxxx

date: xxxxx

buyer: xxxxx

that's y i need to put into a table..

pla anymoe ideas are very much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yew,

I don't know what type of data you're outputting and how many lines. If you create the main window tall enough to accomodate only 1 line item and then page protect it, then when it try to print the 2nd line item it will automatically jump to the next page. This is assuming if you allow enough room for 1 line item and that 2 line items will not be able to fit into 1 page.

cywings
Explorer
0 Kudos

i put the command node in the table will give me error...

the function module returns INTERNAL_ERROR

edit: but i tried putting the command node outside of the table and inside the main window..i can goto next page but this is not what i want..

i want each new item new page..

Message was edited by:

Yew Wing Chen

marius_greeff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The command can only be inserted into a Main window. Check you page atributes if next page is set and if you are calling a page without a main windows the next page should be cleared.

In your loop of items in the main window you can place the command after the last text element and some code before your main window to count the number of lines in the items table. In you loop just before your command insert code to add with every item being printed and then set a condition in your command to only kick of when total number of items less than counter in code.

Hope this helps.

cywings
Explorer
0 Kudos

i tried putting the command node but still cant print new page

can put command node inside the table?

and inside a cell?? as i'm using the table to loop through the internal table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

inset this in last cell of the MAIN AREA of the table

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u can do it by inserting a commang node tich the GOTO NEW PAGE select the page1