cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database export error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While doing the database export of the BW system using sapinst tool. i am getting an initial error as below:

"FSL -04001 unable to fork process.Not enough space".i have checked the /tmp size folder which is

Filesystem         size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
swap               165M   115M50M70%/tmp

Can anyone provide me the solution to this issue.Is  that the log were not able to write under/tmp as there is no enough space for /tmp.kindly provide me ur valuable inputs for this?

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

The error tells that the installer cannot fork another process saying that there is not enough memory. Could you please check if your sever has enough amount of swap space? Also, if you have more than one instance, additionally 10 GB of swap space is needed per each instance.

Moreover,it may help to stop other processes on your machine. Please make sure that the machine fullfills the minimal requirements mentioned in the installation guide.

Also sometimes rebooting the UNIX box(database server) and retrying the installation could also solve the problem.

Best Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For detailed error see below:

FSL-04001  Unable to fork process. Not enough space

WARNING    2012-04-02 07:16:41 [iaxxccntrl.cpp:477]

CController::stepExecuted() .The step dialogGetExportParameter with step key SAPSYSTEM_DBEXP|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|PrepareDbExport|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|dialogGetExportParameter was executed with status ERROR.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

the error was resolved .i tried the export phase more than 2 times and the error am not facing now.

Thanks abishek for giving me a suggestion

Regards

Ram