cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP Issues during Post Go Live (Intensive Care) support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are going to Go Live very soon.Can any body tell me what are the common issues we face in APO Demand Planning and what causes the issue?

I am working at client Location.Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Is it a first time deployment or enhancement of existing application?

Anyway, prepare a solid cut over plan and a failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) kind of report highlighting integration touch points and possible failures.

Few factors you should consider for Post Go-Live hyper care are:

1. If the DP planning area already exists in production and you are moving the PA related changes, be sure to take backup of your planning area and deactivate it before releasing the TR. Otherwise, TR transfer will be failed.

2. There might be security issues i.e. actual user ids have not been updated or mapped with appropriate profiles.

3. With respect to macros, after go live, better to verify the activation status. Sometimes, they might be deactivated and requires manual activation (quite rare though).

4. Verify the period population of time bucket profiles. They should have been updated appropriately. 

5. Create time series objects for sufficient period for planning area

6. Execute consistency checks (t.code /SAPAPO/TSCONS) to make sure your planning book display the data without any error.

7. You have to create DP master data i.e. CVC before populating your planning area with data and validate the application log. There should not be any red flag.

8. Validate your data transfer - verify the data transfer logs  and data itself in the planning book

9. There might be an issue with scheduled jobs. Verify the batch job definitions, existence of the required forecast profiles, job variants, and selection profiles created in production as per your checklist without any typo and authorization issue.

10. DP execution - Results may not be as expected - verify the macros and procedure. Check the user who executed has understood the process and had finished required training.

11. DP output release - Check the logs and resolve any issues reported in the log

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I Really appreciate your quick response and your inputs will be much helpful to me to get ready for the Go live support.Its a Role out project.

Thanks,

Kishore

Answers (0)