cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dotmatrix Printer paper consumption issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

I have arequirement wherein, I have to print a z-smartform with z-format(not dina4).

The requirement is that in a single page, 2 printouts can be taken(separately triggered), it is working fine with few printer. But in few printers, after printing 1st print out, the printer cursor takes the paper to start of new page( note: it should stop in the middle from where printing has been stopped.

Note: i have already created a new form with new dimensions in printer server properties and also assigned the same format type to printer settings,properties.

Anything faced this kinda situation before???? Any help in this issue will be appreciated...

Thanks & Regards,

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the page format z-format in your device type, you probably need to add a command to tell the printer the page length:

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types  -> ZEPESPCH -> Formats -> z-format -> Printer Initialization

A command is needed here to tell the printer the page length required. You can use the commands for the standard page format DINA4 as a reference to copy into the 'Printer Initialization' section for z-format.

In the 'Printer Initialization' for standard page format DINA4 in devcie type EPESCP9 you see a command:

# set page length to DINA4 (=70 lines at 6 LPI)
\e\0x43\0x46

to set the page length to ~11.7 inches.( hex 46 = decimal 70)

Regards,

Aidan