cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JVM 4 installation in distributed landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP JVM 4 on one of my central sap system where eveything works fine. But i have a distributed landscape also where i have 4 dialog instances and one abap central service instance (ASCS).

I need to know below.

1) Shall i install sap jvm 4 only on ASCS ?

2) Shall i install sap jvm 4 on dialog instance 1

3) OR shall i need to install sap jvm on all the sap instances ASCS, Dialog instance 1, 2 ,3 and 4 ?

Please reply

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem. I am doing a system copy of our NW 702 BI ABAP system. I am doing a distributed installation. SQL Server 2008 R2 and Windows 2008 R2. Using latest DVD from marketplace.

- i installed ASCS on one node.

- restored the DAtabase on the DB node and now i am running sapinst Database Instance on the DB node

-sapinst is asking for JRE 1.4.2 path. I believe JRE/JDK is no longer supported and we need to use SAPJVM. how do i install SAPJVM in this case, all documentation i found shows how to upgrade or do a JVM switch. I do not want to use old JDK version and do switch later, that will be just silly.

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i tried somethign myself. I downloaded the SAPJVM 4 version from marketplace. Extracted it using SAPCAR. then i gave the path of the root folder of the sapjvm_4(default folder created after sapcar) and sapinst accepted it.

Does not appear very clean but in abesnse of clear documentation, i guess it would be a decent workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Kindly note the SAP JVM is only used by the Central or Dialog Instances.

Also review the following SAP Note for JVM Switch tool related known issues.

1665953 - SAP JVM Switch Tool Composite Note

Best Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

What i understood from the reply is that

We need to install SAP JVM using sapinst on central instance and also on all the dialog instnaces individually.

Please correct me if wrong.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Yes, but in case of switching you should use SAP JVM Switch Tool.

Best Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisek

Not sure above switching tool. I am following below procedure

Donwloaded SAPJVMSWITCH00P_6-20008217.SAR , SAPJVM4_19-1009718.SAR

and installing it using below procedure in all the application and central instance. After that some post activities such as updataion / checking of os and sap profiles. Checking config tool for parameters.

cd /tmp/sapjvm/SAPJVMSWITCH00

./sapinst

Request you to let me know if that the correct procedure.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Just check the mentioned note 1665953 by me and the other referenced notes in it.

Regards,

Abhishek