cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager Material Description generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all experts,

I have three layer of categories, level 1 - 3. all the categories on third level have corresponding attributes. here is what I want to do.

1. in main table, user able to fill the attribute values and other data info. I create a field call the material description, it is the combination of all the attribute values.

2. I then write an branch assignment sort of like attribute1&attribute2&attribute3...to create material description.

3. Issue: the above process only creates description for one category, what if i have thousands of categories, does that mean I have to write as many assignment as the number of different categories? is there a easier way?

4. I knew in Portal, which is very easy to develop such function in webdynpro, but client requires the SAP MDM CLIENT data manager. anyone?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Austen,

Unfortunately you have to write different branch assignment for differnt category.

We too have similar process in our project where Global Material Description is concatenation of different attributes . and now we have branch assignemnts for all the categories .Whenever we add a new category we write assignemnt for it.

But if you have portal then you can achieve this more easily with APIS .We dont have portal in our scenario so has no other option but to write .

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Answers (0)