Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM Results

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to CTM , i am currently trying to prioritize orders and run CTM to create Purchase requisitions . I have created a sort sequence in demand prioritization but after i run my CTM profile

Q1)  where do i see the results .

Q2)  Our requirement is to have results in Buckets so we do we have to choose Bucket Oriented planning instead of Time Continous

Q3) What is the purpose of order Selection .

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Please find below my answers to your questions in brief.

Q1) Where do I see the results?

1. Assuming you are executing CTM in interactive mode, you can see the planning evaluations by pressing F9 or You can click on the Evaluations button in Planning Run tab. This gives you the opportunity to analyze the log and planning results.

2. Since you asked about bucket oriented planning, you may verify your the CTM planning results in SNP planning board (any SNP Planning book that is accessible and has all the required key figures).

You can also view the planning results by hitting 'Product View' menu button or executing t.code /SAPAPO/RRP3.

Q2)  Our requirement is to have results in Buckets so we do we have to choose Bucket Oriented planning instead of Time Continuous.

Yes. You need to select the bucket oriented planning (Settings -> Basic Settings -> Type of Planning). The CTM planning will be based on buckets with SNP in-house production sources of supply. CTM planning loads bucket resources or the available bucket capacity for mixed resources.

Q3) What is the purpose of order Selection

Order selection defines the scope of your planning. It allows you to control input to the planning engine i.e. by order selection you can specify which ATP categories you would like to consider and then further restrict the input by master data selection (product, location, and source of supply)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/cd/7e07a4e683437e8228c34f30240117/frameset.htm

For example, by demand and supply order selection, I can specify what ATP categories constitute my requirements and receipts outlay for a given product at a given location for in-house production.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello rajesh,

Thank you for the indepth explanation ....but my question is

I want to view the results in the planning book

Is there any global setting that we need to maintain to view the results of the CTM run  in planning book.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Since DP/SNP planning book (t.code /SAPAPO/SDP94) is a very basic feature that we use quite often in DP and SNP modules, I thought it may not require an explicit mention. Sorry for this assumption.

As mentioned in my earlier response, you get the SNP planning book display once you hit SNP Planning Board. Then,

1. Access the planning book and data view developed to use for your application. For example, SNP94(1)
  2. Use the same master data selection id that used for order selection in your CTM profile to select the master data.
  3. Now, you are required to load the data either all records or selectively. For all records, use the open folder symbol (3) to populate the data view with CTM demands, supplies, and planning results. If you wish to load selectively, just select that single record and double click it to populate the data view with CTM planning results for that master data record.

I hope it will be easier for you to check your results in planning book now.

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Sorry for not being clear what i meant was ...in SPRO-> Supply Chain planning->Multilevel supply and demand matching-> Make SNP key figure available

Do we have to maintain anything here which may be a pre reuisite for viewing planning results .

Regards,

Nick

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nick,

The SPRO config setting that you mentioned is used to integrate SNP and CTM i.e. you can maintain time-phased values (e.g. Safety Stock) in SNP planning book and made them available for CTM to consider in its run.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh ,

Can you please tell me how to restrict CTM for finite planning .

Currently we are trying to design a prototype to generate PurReq using CTM .

The following have been maintained

1) T lane from A to B.

2)  A procurement type F is maintained.

3) Master Data selection Profile for product X at A and B( these have been maintained only in location product tab of master data selection)

Scenario:

B                                             A

No stock                                  stock -2(april 3rd)

Pchord-3( april19th)

Q1)  We created a sales order of quantity 1 with a request date april 3rd

Result :

Purreq(1)                                                

Pchord-3( april19th)

Now the issue is how is that the CTM run created Purreq at B but there is no Preqrel at B.

Q2) Made the setting in master data selection " select dependent data automatically "

Created sales order of quantity 4 with request date april6th.

Result:

Purreq(4)(april4th)               Purreq-2(april 4th)

Preqrel-2(april 4th)               

Pchord-3( april19th)

The issue is i dont get why CTM is generating such results ...what it should have done is created

Purreq(4)(april19th)                 Pchord-3( april19th)

Preqrel-4(april19th)

REgards,

Nick

Answers (0)