cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity consumption is showing high

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Capacity consumption is showing very high for a perticular month for only one material only even though only 2 orders exist for same material in that month with less quantity order. If any issue in PDS it would have shown high for all months but it showing only for a perticular month.

all orders are in PPDS orders only.

I check in where used list also and no extra orders showing

Thannks in advance for your advice.

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

1. The capacity consumption requirement for the month in context can be determined by

Capacity requirement = ((Total order quantity (for the selected month)/Base quantity from PDS activity) * UOM conversion factor (if any) * PDS activity variable duration + PDS activity fixed duration) * Time unit conversion (if any)

( Use t.code /SAPAPO/CURTO_SIMU to verify the PDS data)

2. Record the productive capacity available during the same month using t.code /SAPAPO/RES1

3. Calculate the resource utilization % for the selected month ( Capacity consumption requirement/Productive capacity available)

4. Access the production planning table (/SAPAPO/PPT1) with Resource view (Periodic)

5. Propagation Range - SAPALL (Product Selection - * and Resource Selection - Your primary resource)

6. Verify the resource capacity related calculations are matching with that of yours

This view gives you all the products being processed by the resource and their capacity consumption requirements. If there is bump in capacity consumption in a given period, you can find the reason for so i.e. what products drive this increase and validate it with the business.

I hope this info is useful to you.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Thanks very much for your information,

I analysed and find that this is because of one order but the order quantity is not high and there is no issue in PDS as capacity is showing normal in other months for the same quantity.

Thanks

Kishore

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

It's really interesting. Let's try with that single order driving abnormal capacity consumption.

Use t.code /SAPAPO/RRP4 and select your planned order as shown in the following fig. Then load the order context. The next screen allows you to verify the pegging structure, DS planning board1 and 2.

In DS planning board, you can see the resource consumption requirements with respect to time. Verify the calendar elements, order quantities, and capacity consumption requirements. Probably, you may attempt to change the order quantity as well to see how it will impact your resource consumption.

If possible, please add few screenshots to understand the system behavior.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Thanks for your efforts,

Adding few more information, this material is not planning in APO, it is planning in ECC and resource consumption is showing fine in ECC, when the orders are moved into APO, for only one perticular order it showing very high capacity consumption.

I cheched in planning board but I did not find where exactly I have to check. I am sending few screen shots, 1) errro order 2) order with normal consumption 3 ) planning book view of capacity. This high capacity is for all resources which are using in this order.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Thanks for your efforts,

Adding few more information, this material is not planning in APO, it is planning in ECC and resource consumption is showing fine in ECC, when the orders are moved into APO, for only one perticular order it showing very high capacity consumption.

I cheched in planning board but I did not find where exactly I have to check. I am sending few screen shots, 1) errro order 2) order with normal consumption 3 ) planning book view of capacity. This high capacity is for all resources which are using in this order.

Thanks

Kishore

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for the screenshots and details.Only difference I can find is firming. Your erroneous order is not convertible and firmed for both output and input whereas the good one is convertible and not firmed.

I guess, there might be an issue with the order conversion. Since the order is converted and firmed, system is unable to adjust the plan. Let me look for the options on how to manipulate converted order.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We always keep track of others the screen shots will help from Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks very much for your efforts.

There is another process order with same firmed but bucket capacity consumption is fine.

And resource utilization is showing fine for the period where error order is placed.

I guess resource utilization is showing correct on the dates where error order is placed.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Issue is resolved.

Issue is due to inconsistency in the order in APO. It got solved when I deleted the order in APO and CIFed from ECC again.

Thanks

Kishore

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for the update and it's good to know that your issue was resolved. Simple solution for such a complex problem, kudos to you.

Rajesh

Answers (0)