cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file adapter configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am configuring the sender file communication channel in a file to IDoc scenario wherein the inbount file to XI has got multiple records with one field each, i.e. multiple lines. The Data Type that has been defined has got the following format:

DT_INPUT_FILE -->Record(1..unbounded)-->Field(1..1)

However, there are cases where an empty line is beng sent in the file and this information is mandatory for mapping purposes. I've configured the CC as following:ignoreRecordsetName=true, Record.fieldNames=Field, Record.fieldSeparator='nl', Record.missingLastfields=add, but the CC keeps ignoring the empty lines. Any idea how can I get the empty lines inserted in the generated XML message in XI?

Best Regards,

Evaggelos Gkatzios

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try adding this to your config: Record.fieldContentFormatting = nothing. This could help. However, here is what SAP Help says on this topic:

[source: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/6713ec3f914ddee10000000a1553f7/content.htm]

You could also try specifying: Record.fieldFixedLengths = 999, Record.fieldSeparator='nl' (they can work in parallel, according to the Help doc above) and Record.keepIncompleteFields = YES. I've never tried this before, but there is a (small) chance that it will work .

If none of these helps, you might need to develop an Adapter Module to meet your requirement.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since u have only one field, you can use record.endseparator instead of fieldseparator

secondly try & use following parameter.

Record.enclosureSign = 0A (hex code for newline.)

for more info on this refer help link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

if it doesnot work, then as Greg said, you will have to use adapter module.

-Deepak