Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLMWUI: Engineering Record - Advanced Search

LN1
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP System: PLMWUI 701, WEBCUIF 701

Hi, PLM experts.

I have a client requirement to add and remove data (columns) in the Engineering Record - Advanced Search Results list in PLM Web UI. Ex. Add 'Change Item Objects' in the ECR; Remove 'Context'; Keep the rest of the structure /PLMB/S_ECR_SEA_RESULT fields. Is meeting the requirement feasible? If yes, pls guide me on what must be done. It seems to be utilizing TREX Search functionality that I'm not familiar with technically.

An alternative to doing the above is to create a custom transaction to be run within SAP GUI for the same Adv. Search functionality. With this, I need to know the process on how to do the actual search like which db tables are involved or if there is any class/function module that can do the search and return records based on search criteria.

Thanks in advance for your help and soonest reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Yes!! This is feasible but unfortunately its not that easy...You need to enhance at 5-6 places.

Since you dont have much knowledge on Enteprise search & Trex stuff so I am telling you easiest way to achieve this if you can live with low performance.

1. Enhance new field in the above structure

2. Go to Class-method  /PLMI/CL_ECR_SEA_RESULT- PREPARE_RESULT_LIST().

3. When You execute search the the table ct_result_list contains the result.

Here you can use select data from db for new field and merge into ct_result_list.

4. Hide and Unhide certain columns you can do in the  GET_RESULT_FCAT method.

This is quick and easy.. of courseyou need to take care of performance

Hope it help you..

regards, Rahul

LN1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Rahul.

From my understanding of your reply, I would have to enhance the ff. objects:

1. Struct. /PLMB/S_ECR_SEA_RESULT via APPEND STRUCTURE

2. Class /PLMI/CL_ECR_SEA_RESULT Method /PLMB/IF_SEA_RESULT~PREPARE_RESULT_LIST via Implicit Enhancement to perform #3

4. Class /PLMI/CL_ECR_SEA_RESULT Method /PLMB/IF_SEA_RESULT~GET_RESULT_FCAT via Implicit Enhancement

Client also wants to run this Advanced Search functionality via custom transaction within SAP GUI. Do you think that is also feasible? (Pls refer to my first post about what I would need.)

Thanks for your help.

LN1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Rahul.

Additional question: Do you know the class-method for the "Export -> Export to MS Excel" found on the Search Results list screen? I was able to enhance Class /PLMI/CL_ECR_SEA_RESULT Method /PLMB/IF_SEA_RESULT~GET_RESULT_FCAT. However, I would also need to remove the unwanted columns when the results list is exported to MS Excel.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

1. Yes 2. Yes 4. Yes

Regarding custom transaction I am not sure..I guess your requirement is you want to directly launch the ECR Advanced search from R/3 Workbench if it the case then you could create Favorite from User Menu as below.

regards, Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I heard this problem also ..but there was not solution except remove fields from result ddic structure itself.

regards, Rahul

LN1
Participant
0 Kudos

I did #1, #2 and #4. However, I encountered error in WUI such as:

Error while processing your query

Method: IF_WDR_RR_CONTROLLER~GET_ACTION of program SAPLWDR_RUNTIME_REPOSITORY

Method: GET_ACTION_INTERNAL of program CL_WDR_CONTROLLER=============CP

I believe this could be caused by the changed/merged ct_result_list. For instance, the initial Results per Page = 20. No. of hits = 38. No. of rows in ct_result_list = 20. With the enhancement to get all change items attached to ECR, the table grew to 29 rows (due 1:N relation). I get the error when I scroll down the results list most probably due to Results per Page (20) against actual no. of rows (29).

Pls advise. Thanks much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I missed this point to tell you.this method will work only in the [1..1] cardinality.look like you to go long way..model enhancement

I found one good doc <<http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4022>> about enhancing model in chapter 2. Please go through this. This will help you.

regards,

Rahul

Answers (0)