cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email addresses allowed in Jive discussions?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the old forums, it was not possible to specify an email address - by design I believe. If you tried, the forum post would not go through and You'd get warning re. the email.

In Jive 5 Discussion Forums, this is now permitted? See:

http://scn.sap.com/message/13148854#13148854

Post from Mar 29, 2012 3:08 PM

- Ludek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

I cannot answer your question, I know my colleagues are the ones who maintained the "black list" in the past. I don't know what is the status for the new SCN. I've seen that indeed email addresses, points etc can be written in the discussions.

It is Passover in Israel so we will hear back from them in a couple of days.

Best,

Laure

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for jumping in Laure. Yep we're on holidays here in Israel. I'm back for one day and out again

Ludek, you are correct, the blacklist has not been enabled as it was in the past. Today a word or phrase cannot be implemented for the discussions only but would be space wide. So it would not be allowed in blogs or documents either. As this is much more restrictive we need to be careful with what should be added to the blacklist. Please let me know if you feel strongly that something should be included.

Gali

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gali

No issues at all for me. Only wanted to highlight it, just in case this was overlooked.

For me, it was actually a bother in the old system that we and the customers could not add email addresses. So, I'm good .

Hope your holidays go greeeeeeeeeeeeeat,

- Ludek

Answers (0)