cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get activity failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After finish configuring DTR,CBS and CMS successfully.

when i 'm creating new dc in the netweaver dev. studio.

i got this message("Get activity failed").

and i also cannot see activity creation window.

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved this problem on our side by adding (I know it sounds stuppid) on all host entries in the CMS (so both domain and track urls) the value ':80' to the end of it.

We changed the default ports to 80 and 443 and were not able to create activities in NWDS. When I changed the configuration back to port 50200 it all worked. I knew that port 80 should also work because I first tested it on a VMware instance at home.

After a while I decided to remove all configuration (so tracks, software components, products, ect) and start all over and then it worked. As soon as I created a DC in NWDS I got a but 'New Activity' (which I didn't had before). After double checking my configuration in NWDI I suddenly discovered that I now had configured the domain data and DTR, CBS servers as http://<FDQN>:80/dtr I checked my configuration on my VMware image at home and there the configuration was: http://portal:80 (so also with the ':80').

As a last check I removed the ':80' from my VMware image and yes... the 'New Activity' button was gone in NWDS.

So if you change the J2ee ports (or use a web dispatcher or whatever) to connect to port 80 then DON'T forget to still add ':80' for http and ':443' for HTTPS...

Hope it works for you too...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nico

I solved problem by setting port number as you mentioned.

I really appreciate that and good luck to you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did someone solve this problem already? We have exactly the same problem. I never had this problem before. The only differenance I have at the customer I am working for now is that the CBS is seperated to another server then the DTR. CMS and SLD. Besides that we also use SSL connections from NWDS.

The import of the development configuration runs without any problem, I can see the Software components but when I try to create the first DC it fails with the error message 'Get Activity Failed'. At the time that I try to create the DC I only see warnings in the default trace:

<i>Connection is still open when trying to suspend session. This could be due to the fact that certain SQL statements have not been closed properly. Forcefully closing connection</i>

It would be create if someone has an answer...

Kind regards,

Nico van der Linden...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check if the DTR Admin Plugin was enabled on this NW Dev. Studio.

If yes, then how was it used.

Was the "View Permissions" context menu item used on some repository items in the "Repository Browser" in the DTR Perspective. And was it done in a "Client"(For DTR Perspective) created as a result of the import of the development configuration.

Usually the DTR Admin plugin should not be used with Clients created via Development configuration import. The Admin plugin is used with a separate Client that is created from the DTR Perspective itself.

Using Admin plugin for Viewing Permissions using a client created from Dev config import may cause a problem with the symptoms you have mentioned.

Some more detail may also help. Could you stop and start the IDE, log on, try & create the DC again. Then copy all entries in the DTR console from the start of the IDE and add it to the message.

In this case if there is not much data created yet after import of Development configuration(since you were not able to create DC) you may try to remove this development configuration and import it again. This may help.

Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After deleting and imporing Dev configuration again.

There's nothing interesting message in the DTR Console.

Only shows this " Server response time for login to server http://simsqa.sec.samsung.net:80/dtr/ : 90 ms."

But when i 'm trying to create New DC in the Inactive DC,

Always show me "get activity failed".

Regarding DTR Perspective, if i do not use client which was created automatically during creating DC.

I can see the permission and i checked NWDI.Administrators group is there.

Could anyone give me more answers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. you need to create new dc from inactive dcs view.

2. you should import dev config with developer id, which has respective authorizations.

3. I guess u might be creating the new dc from active dc s view.

Check it. If you want to provide more info, peddisetty@gmail.com, send me the screen shots, I can review it for you and will get back.

/Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe. Some more details would be helpful...

Perhaps a permission problem in DTR? Is there a more detailed error message or stack trace visible in the DTR Console view or the Error log view?

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc.

I imported development configuration from remote server.

And I tried to create New DC using context menu.

After put the Vendor,Name and choose Type as Web Dynpro,

and if i click next button i can see the project property window

and click finish button , i got this error.

"

Development Component Creation completed with some problems.

Reason: test : Get Activity failed. "

DTR Console :

"Resource for mountpoint was not found on repository: /dtr/ws/system/config/active/ACLs/"

• "test" is the DC name.

About authority, i tried to test it with NWDI.Administrators group.

Message was edited by:

Dongyub Lee

Message was edited by:

Dongyub Lee