cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Vista & SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Trial Version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The GUI front end and the NSP instance are working fine.  

Does SQL studio 7.6.05.01 with a MaxDB database version of 7.8 work on Windows Vista SP2?

I have been trying to load the HOTEL Demo via the provided SQL scripts and I only get a couple tables and they are corrupted or incomplete.  When I try to create my on very simple tables and then try to view them I get “An error occurred while loading the table definition.”

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

SQL Studio has  been abandoned discontinued years ago.

If you're using a current MaxDB version (which you do with 7.8) then treat yourself and get DB Studio for all admin and SQL development tasks.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars,

Are you suggesting that I try to use what I have listed below instead of what came with that trial version release:

SAP MaxDB Database Studio 7.8 for Windows (x86, 32 bit)

If I can install that will it have the SQL studio functionality?  I just downloaded the above but I just want to make sure that I am getting the correct one before I try to install it.

Should I try to uninstall the SQLStudio first?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

yes, DB Studio provides the same - even more functionality. Since it's build on the eclipse platform and the SQL studio was a Visual Basic executable there are no interdependencies whatsoever. You can but you don't have to uninstall the SQL studio.

As a hint for starters: one major point in the usage of eclipse tools is that the context menu (right mouse click) is one of the primary places to look for functions (and not menus or icon bars).

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I received the following error when I attempted to install it on the same VISTA computer that I have installed the SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Trial Version:

“Preinstallation failed

ERR: Cannot update Global installation: There is a SAP installation on the Computer.

For installation of this software, use the installation package provided for SAP customers.”

What I attempted to install today I downloaded from:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/10f61f3e-a6f4-2d10-72a9-cda84a40b590

It was actually a newer version than what was posted:

It was SAP MaxDB Database Studio 7.9.08.01 for Windows (x86, 32 bit)

maxdb-studio-win-32bit-i386-7_9_08_01.exe

Any suggestions? 

I do have a WIndows XP system that I could install the Database Studio on but I don't think the Trial version of Netweaver software allows for more than standalone operation and my XP box doesn’t have room for Netweaver.

And/or the Vista OS does give me the option to unistall just "SQL Studio 7.6".

Thanks again,

Jeff

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

the DB Studio definitively runs on VISTA.

I've to admit, I never saw this specific error before, so all I can propose here is to do as told: download the DB Studio package from the service marketplace and try to install this one.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

I am not a SAP customer and so I apparently can’t get access via the Service Marketplace.

I am just trying to evaluate the 90 day free trial option on Wndows Vista. 

Do your sources tell you that SQL studio 7.6.05.01 with a MaxDB database version of 7.8 work on Windows Vista SP2? 

Maybe my problems are just “operator errors”. 

I didn’t get any installation errors and some simple commands I run via the SAP Easy access shows that the primary system is working fine.

I was able to successfully create tables using the SQL studio.  But when I “click” on their displayed icon in the tree provided  in the SQL studio I always get this error message “An error occurred while loading table function.”

Is it operator error or what? 

Suggestions?

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Jeff from Minnesota

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lar,

I feel very fullish.  If instead of clicking on the database Icon while in SQL Query  I would have tried right mouse clicking and "show contents" I would not have had to waist any of our time.

Its all there.  It works. Just operator error.

Thanks for your patients on this beautiful Saturday.

Jeff

Answers (0)