cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 ORG value mapping in ERM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends I am Somayajulu,
                                                    I am trying to import org value mapping , But i am not getting file to import . Can i get any Org value mapping import files within system anywhere. or can i get it from back end ecc6.0 server? or from web? please clarify my doubt.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Kevin and Raju,
                                            1) when i am downloading the import file it is not a text file. so can i open in text file and modify it.

2)  How shall i modify it. by primary org and the child  or by attribues?

3) I am not able to export . no action is performed when i am exporting.

4) can i get a sample import file to see how to create . (soma.dvv@gmail.com)

Thanking You

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to open in Microsoft Excel. Then you will be able to..

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soma,

Please check the 5.3 config doc. Pg No:317

You have all the details required there

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raju

shall i need the imported file?

from where shall i import the org levels to erm. when i click on import it is asking for destination of the file , where shall i get that file from?

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Soma:  Once you download the import file, you will need to fill it in with your information.  This is a manual process.  You then save the file to a location (such as My Documents).  Then click import and find the file you just saved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to prepare the file before you import it.

You can export the current config in the system. Exporting is also mentioned in doc. You can prepare the file then store it on desktop and import it.

If you are doing modifications you better keep a backup of the file. If you dont have template create one manually, then export the file, fill in all the items, then import.

Regards,

Ajesh.

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you look in the latest 5.3 Configuration guide on page 319, it tells you how to get the import file.  Here is an excerpt from the guide: 

To import organizational value mapping(s):

1. On the Search

Org. Value Mapping screen, click Import.

A standard Windows Choose File dialog box appears.

You can click the red arrow next to the Browse button to download a template that contains the format for the import file.

2. Locate the file you want to import.

3. Click Open to import the file. 

If the information was imported successfully, a success message appears.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kevin ,