SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of PO either with posting date or delivery date

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented BCS and configured budget for PO Creation is checking based on Delivery Date configuration. Suppose if i m creating a PO on delivery date of 30.03.2012, then the budget for Fiscal Year 2011 is checking, thus if delivery date is 07.04.2012, then Budget for Fiscal year 2012 is checking.

Hence there might be some Multiple Year Contracts for which PO line items (with delivery date of next Fiscal years) has to be created, but User is not accepting to create Multiple Line Items based on different delivery dates, because they are having many service line items for Single PO Line Item.

If we go by Posting date configuration, PO/PR's having delivery date in next year has to be created with uploading next Fiscal years Budget, But here Reporting of Different Fiscal Year Budget Vs Actual consumption will not be shown.

Pls help me for which is the best solution?

Thanks in Advance!!!

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please clarify what you doubt is? So, you'll have different lines in different budget years... Why is it a problem? If you go for posting date, it will be more transparent, but it really depends on your business requirements: some clients consider delivery date as the date of commitment. Therefore, it's not a matter what is more correct, but rather what is requested.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Eli,

If We go by posting date, contracts which are related to next fiscal years will only be created when we upload the budget with including next fiscal year with current fiscal year.

Eg :

2011 budget is - 10 Lakhs

2012 budget is - 5 Lakhs

If i need to create PR / PO for both current and next fiscal year, i have to upload the budget of 15 lakhs in current fiscal year(2011).

But here i can not know what is my uploaded budget of next fiscal year (2012) and what is my actual consumption..

If i go by delivery date i will get the uploaded budget and actuals also, but problem here is in PR/PO line items will be created with different delivery dates, in which one line item is having around 500 services items included in that.

Thanks in advance!!!

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, indeed, if you go by posting date, you have to budget your PO in total in the relevant year. If this is not what the business asks, then you should work with delivery date. And here, I cannot understand, why you consider it a problem: so what if different lines are budgeted in different years? That's exactly the prupose of this update profile: to allow such flexibility.

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

well, we can follow by delivery date, but the user to enter N number of service line items for single  PR/PO Item. This is practically not feasible by user to enter that many line items for different delivery dates.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Former Member

Hello,

When a PO has multiple delivery dates, multiple line items should be created. That is a common practice and has nothing to do with funds management or commitment or budge, whatsoevert.

However, multi-year contract is a totally different animal. What you do is to create a contract (ME31K) with specified validity years and lump sum quantity / amount (you do not have to have multiple lines). In SAP, you have the option of making contracts NOT subject to budget control. When you have a need to create a PO, you create it based on a valid contract. At that point budget control will start. For example, you have a contract that is valid form 2011 to 2015 and the total amount is 5,000,000. In 2011 you convert 10,000 to a PO line item. This 10,000 will be checked against 2011 budget based on posting date or delivery date. The point is contracts should be converted to PO's only when the planning indicates the material is required.

Regards,

Ming  

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know if this is solved. I am in touch with SAP, but they say PO creation date is not considered for budgets. it is the delivery date which takes into account for calculating budget commitments. I just wanted to know if there is any other way of doing this? Please know that there is no option to make configuration changes from delivery date to posting date. By default system picks up the delivery date only. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sanjay!

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Budget will be committed on PO Creation date or Delivery date, based on configuration made.

Hence, by making changes in configuration, system can check budget based on PO Creation  Date.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi  Sam

No Sam, system doesn't allow posting date. there is no such facility to configure...I mean we don't have any option. By default, system would take delivery date. In case if you have found the key to change, please let me know. however, changing to Delivery date or due date or posting date option is offered in funds management only. The question which I am talking about is commitment management budget scenario.

Thanks

S!

0 Kudos

HI Sanjay,

I have discussed about PO commitment Budget check either on PO Posting Date or Delivery Date.

By default system will not consider Delivery Date for FM Budget checking. We have to change from Delivery Date to posting Date in Value Type updation.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos

hi Sam

True if FM is active else not. Thanks!