Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Task beased an attribute change

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to only trigger a task based on just one attribute change in the destination tab of a To-Identity Store pass.

So, Delta is enable with skip unchanged entries and Mark for deletion. This is a sample data model.

MSKEYVALUE

@MX_FIRSTNAME

MX_DISABLED                   

CUSTOM_PeopleSoftRole    

PS_ROLE EVENT

PS_PROFILE_EVENT

In this example I want to fire the event PS_PROFILE_EVENT any time an attribute has changed, except the CUSTOM_PeopleSoftRole.

Fire the PS_ROLE_EVENT only when the CUSTOM_PeopleSoft attribute has changed. I am doing this because some roles are defined as critical an needs to be forwarded to an Approval process, non-critical roles will be assigned immediately. I don't want to fire the eapproval task everytime something changed besides the Role change in the user profile.

I can do this in 2 steps but I am looking for a better solution to consolidate this data as the source is the same.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Ridouan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

I'm not sure I understand your issue, but I'll try to help based on what I do understand.

First of all, fireing events based on an attribute change would be configured on the attribute itself in teh event tasks, not on the destination tab.  So if you want to fire an event when the CUSTOM_PeopleSoft attribute has changed, go to IDStore -> Schema -> Attributes.  Then select the attributes and go to the "Event Tasks" tab.  Point the event task at the approval workflow or whatever task you'd like to run whenever this attribute changes.

Hopefully that makes sense, but like I said, I don't think I completely understand the issue.

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer.

That's exactly what I am doing, after a day working on a an IdM blueprint I got a little confused. So I am actualy loading HR data from PeopleSoft into IC. The load contains user data and access information <MXREF_MX_ROLE>. I have enabled delta for this task.

I am configuring the attribute [event] CUSTOM_PeopleSoft with the value system parameter %ddm.datetime8601%. The attribute will trigger the Approval Task in case a user profile has been changed in the PeopleSoft load. As other user attributes values, read fields may change in the next load To Identity Center, I am looking for a way to not include the the MXREF_MX_ROLE field If other fields have changed.

I think I will create a new task just for the MXREF_MX_ROLE attribute and remove it from the first task.

Let me know If you have any other ideas?

Thanks very much for your help!

Regards,

Ridouan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you have an approval task set up on the CUSTOM_PeopleSoft role, so that if any attributes on the user changes it will trigger an approval workflow?  Am I correct?

As MXREF_MX_ROLE is not being imported from PeopleSoft, this attribute should not be getting updated there.  Then on each individual Business Role, you should set up your role assignment approval task there, not on the MXREF_MX_ROLE attribute. 

So I think what might be the problem is that you're setting up an approval task on MXREF_MX_ROLE, which you shouldn't do, set it on the BRs themselves.

Regards,

Chris

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am loading 1 Business Role in this scenario that will be finally applied to the MXREF_MX_ROLE or any other custom attribute for the BR defined with reference type to MX_ROLE.

No, I don't want to trigger the Workflow task If other attributes are changed such as first name, last name, disabled, etc. I just want to trigger the workflow task If the Business Role is new or has changed.

Setting up tasks on roles is not considered as a best practice, you should set up tasks on the privilege or the repository. In my scenario I am setting up the reference to the Workflow task on the attribute corresponding to the Business Role.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,

Ridouan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

I would have to disagree with you that this is not considred best practice.  Whoever says that it's not best practice, I would have to challenge with an explanation.  I would not set it up that way for a myriad of reasons.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

I agree with Chris, if you want a task triggered when MXREF_MX_ROLE changes, how about an add member task on the roles?

Cheers,

Ian

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ian.

The question has gone out of the context. I achieved my requirements using a custom function.