Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver JDBC Channel Issue

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a strange issue with JDBC Receiver channel i have Proxy to JDBC scenario which is working fine tilll yesturday to day in PROD data send from ECC i can see the message in SXMB_MONI as succesful message .

But same is not visible in RWB CC monitoring it is showing the messages up to yesturday.

No errors nothing it is showing.

Please suggest if anybody has faced the same issue.

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is my few cents. Messaages are flowing until call adapter step and fails...  Please do the following

Use logSQLStatement = true in the advanced tab of the jdbc receiver channel.

Check RWB channel monitoring - restart and start helps

YOu might also check the datbase user credentials right or not. Sometime DBA will change it.

Use the same query and try to test or ping outside PI using toad or some database tool.

Hope that helps.

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

After restarting java and abap instance now messages are flowing to target database system.But messages are going very slowly let us say after data is reaching to target database system after 5 or 10 min from moni.it is going in to scheduled state after resending also it is taking 5 min to get process succesfully.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

it may be due to the huge load on DB system as it is processing too many requests currently. after all the msgs get processed, then you can stop and start the jdbc adapter service, then the new JDBC msg shall be processed in DB system quickly as the DB system will be free later.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually the RWB logs in production are retained only for 24 hrs.

Check if the parameter xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default is set to the duration that you require.

ref: . (Note 790226 - Messages in AdapterEngine/PCK database do not get archived)

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Shabarish,

I have checked the SMQ1&SMQ2 there are no queues stuck we have only PROXY to JDBC and JDBC to PROXY interfaces in that JDBC to PROXY is working fine.

Facing problem with PROXY to JDBC in message monitoring in adopter engine database overview stautus of ausit log is as follow.

30.03.2012 09:06:06InformationThe message was successfully received by the messaging system. Protocol: XI URL: http://hostname:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI Credential (User): PIISUSER
30.03.2012 09:06:06InformationUsing connection JDBC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.
30.03.2012 09:06:06InformationMessage successfully put into the queue.
30.03.2012 15:39:16InformationTrying to retry the message because of administrative action of user "PISUPER".
30.03.2012 15:39:16InformationAdmin action: Trying to redeliver message.
30.03.2012 15:53:28InformationTrying to retry the message because of administrative action of user "PISUPER".
30.03.2012 15:53:28InformationAdmin action: Trying to redeliver message.

i am using PI7.1 in NWA where to start and stop the JDBC Adapter

Regards

Praveen

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the DB up and running?

Also to restart the adpater use RWB -> CC Monitoring or to restart the JDBC service itself use NWA -> Operation Management -> Systems -. Start Stop -> Service -> and search for JDBC

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

I remember having an identical issue some time ago. Most probably you have the "Maintain Order at Runtime" checkbox marked in your Interface Determination, which is the default value there. It makes your scenario work as EOIO QoS, so no next message is processed, if one message gets an error. So if you had one erroneous message yesterday or today, all further messages get queued like that. If EOIO is not your requirement, then you might want unmark this checkbox to avoid such problems in future.

Hope this helps,
Greg

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have restarted the startstop service in NWA then in message monitoring all the messages are still in scheduled state

Now one more message has been send from ECC which is successful showing in MONI of PI but in CC no message ID is showing and channel is in green colour.

There are no interfaces with QOS exactly once

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

in ID in receiver JDBC comm channel, select Advanced Mode and then select the Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message. then save and activate the JDBC comm channel. then see if the JDBC msgs are going to target database.

if not going, then in comm channel monitoring - stop and start the JDBC channel. then see if the JDBC msgs are going to target database.

if still JDBC msgs are not going to target database, then from RWB - message monitoring - Adapter engine, try to locate the first JDBC message which had not completed processing successfully and manually try to resend the JDBC msg from there and see if the JDBC msgs go to target database.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen Reddy,

You could check:

RWVB->Component Monitoring->AdapterEngine->Communication Channel Monitoring. There, you search your channel and tell us if it is there and if is ok or not.

Could you see another messages for another scenarios?, may be, someone could have changed the trace level in your PROD system.

Regards.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Personally I would start with a simple check: display a message in SXI_MONITOR, choose Call Adapter -> SOAP Header -> OutboundBinding from the tree on your left, and find an XML tag <SAP:ChannelName> there. Check what is the Communication Channel name there - is it identical to the one you are checking in RWB?

Hope this helps,
Greg

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for every one for the quick response

SOAP Header -> OutboundBinding i n XML tag CC name is there it is identical to channel in RWB

I am able to see my channel in RWB cc monitoring it has message id which is generated on yesterday date .To day i there are no messages channel is showing in green colour but not passing data to database.

Regards

Praveen

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.To day i there are no messages channel is showing in green colour but not passing data to database.

>>>

Does this mean that today you have received a message from the sender system, which is successful in SXMB_MONI but not passed to the JDBC adapter? If so can you check, RWB-> Message Monitoring via Adapter engine and verify the status of the message?

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have received the message from sender system today only in message monitoring it is showing  for all the inbound interfaces it showing in scheduled state.

I am facing problem from all the inbound interfaces which i receive data from ECC system.

Regards

Praveen

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the status of the messages in SMQ1 and SMq2 transactions.

Also if this is only affecting your JDBC scenario, stop and start the adapter once.