cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS approval application (HRMSS_C_CATS) customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there is no provision to enter long text in the CATS approval application,

can we  raise a pop up  with editor to  enter long text for rejection reason in CATS approval application ( HRMSS_C_CATS_APPROVAL).

And need to send this long text along with short text  through an email/notification to the employee. Is that possible?

And as of now a mail is going by default ( SAP standard )with short text for rejection reason.Now how to stop this. or how can i modify this to include long text.

Pls guide me.

Regards,

Laskhmi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am developing  WDABAP Time approval application.

When i try to test HRMSS_C_CATS_APPROVAL in SE80, missing road map configuration.

i am new to custom ESS standard application

can you please help me is there any document available how to develop Time approval application in WDABAP. if you have any doc / pls provide clear steps how to develop...

please help me on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with this application in particular. Still, adding dialog pop-up screens is easily done by intercepting the FPM event in BEFORE_PROCESS_EVENT or AFTER_PROCESS_EVENT methods of the WDA component defined in the OVP component configuration (in your case, it is HRMSS_C_CATS_APPROVAL).

Find the FPM programming guidelins document in this website (do a simple search). There is a section on how to create dialogboxes. You might need to copy the existing configuration and modify the copy accordingly (adding the dialogbox, etc.).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added the pop up successfully, but now the question is how to capture this long text which we entered in the pop up and on 'Save' button of collective approval screen, i should send a mail to each workdate of employee when the entry is rejected along with the longtext of dialogue box.

here the difficulty is , as the internal table is dynamically build, not able to capture the long text on selecting the 'RejectAll' option from the drop down of approval and on selecting a rejection reason for every row.

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you build the pop-up? You can intercept the PROCESS_EVENT of the pop-up window and then pass data back to the application. Again, please refer to the FPM developer guide I mentioned earlier. You can pass data between different UIBB's using different methods: singleton class (that provide set and get methods), FPM parameter object, etc.