cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement in Planning Book's screen control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to ask a question regarding the planning book's layout and screen control. In SNP planning book, if we double click a cell, it is possible to have a detail second window being shown in the bottom part of the screen. Do you know is there any enhancement I can have similar control in DP planning book? So far, I don't find any enhancement which is possible to catch the double click on cell event.

Here is what I would to achieve:

- If a user double click a cell (key figure) in a DP planning book, I would like to make use of the second window to display some additional information (just like SAP using the second window to show graphic)

* I have considered to use the tooltip on mouse-over to display additional information, however, the no. of character to be shown is very limited

any idea or suggestion would be highly appreciated. thanks for your input in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phenix,

There is no enhancement option available to have SNP 'Display Details' behavior in DP data views. However, you may think about using Notes to manage your requirement. The only limitation is user has to enter into graphical mode to create a note and maintain textual data. Once you have a note, the cell is will have a graphical icon in the usual tabular display and allows to access the note via 'Display Note' contextual menu option.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

thanks for your input. However, as we have to show some data dynamically, using the note will not be appropriate. Meanwhile, we have an enhancement to display a pop-up window with table grid to additional information. But, user does require to click the Macro button and close the pop-up window, that's why having an idea to have double click the cell and display detail information in the bottom screen. Anyway, thanks for your input.

thanks,

Phenix

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phenix,

If this requirement is so important, you may try with the BAdI "/SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT". This enhancement allows to you to manipulate the UI.

Probably, it might allow you to reuse the SNP planning book code. I am not an ABAP expert to suggest something for sure. Please consult your ABAP expert. However, it allows to you define the custom function codes and sub-screens to change the standard behavior.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

thanks for your feedback again. However, the Badi /SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT seems not able to handle my requirements to make use of second grid position at the bottom of planning book to display additional information. Maybe, it is only feasible if I amend the standard program.

Best Regards,

Phenix