cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added records disappear from mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am faceing problems with masks in MDM Data Manager.

Has anyone of you ever had the situation, that records, that were added to a specific mask disappear without any action taken? In one moment, the redords are visible in the maks, a minute later (there was no action done) the mask is not visible anymore since there are no records added.

Is thought, maybe there is a key shortcut that removes records from a mask, is there?

Has anyone else any idea, how this can happen?

Thank you all for your help!

Stefanie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hölderl Stefanie,

Experts have already gave their suggestions and which are useful but what i was thinking is, May be:

there is some clean up process (Schedule by DBA) running in Oracle which cleans all virtual view in order to utilize space..

Nothing wrong in checking this. May be it reveal new information for this fourm.

Also you can wrote to SAP (using your market place login) and talk to SAP people directly.

Cheers!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holderl

Its same here, the data cannot be added directly to mask, it will disappear. the only way is to  go to record mode and manualy add record to mask by selecting the record right click ->add to mask.

Regards

Nitish sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefanie,

Did you find the solution?

Kindly let me know, as I have some findings.

Rgds,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

unfortunately not.

Regards,

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefaine,

I faced similar kind of problem. In my case, records were not visible in the mask, after adding them to a mask, then I checked the role, which was assigned to the logged-in user, there I saw some constraints were selected for some of the tables:

Example: Account Group "0002" was selected in the constraint column and when I was adding the records which had other than account group "0002", I was not able to see them in the Mask. But once, I removed the constraint, I was able to see the records.

If you have a role to which the mask is added and constraint is also selected for the sub-tables for the same role, then when you add a record to the mask, it should also satisfy that applied constraint criteria so as to be visible in that Mask.

Kindly check the role, if any constraint is applied on the tables and remove them if any.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

I am still testing the different posibilities. So far I was not able to find the reason for the dissapearence of the records from the mask.

If one of the suggestions helps, I´ll let you know.

Thank you very much.

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Please create a new role,with all the rights and no constraints.

Assign a new user to this role and redo the test.

Also when you do this test it will be worthwhile to test using a larger data-set,so that we can test if this behavior is only for particular data-set.

Kindly let us know your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

that is definetely no normal behaviour. Sometimes, if your mask settings not set accordingly this can result in records beeingunleased from the mask. Please have a look at the "Modify Mask" settings and try again:

Regards,

Erdal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdal,

I checked the settings and eveything looks just fine.

It is really strange, but it is not the first time that this happend to the user.

Thanks and regards,

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holderl

Sometime ago i face the same situation, but this thing have a reason behind it, Mask is nothing but a Virtual table or view that you have faced in oracle, so it contains only certain records only you want to deal with, new record can't be directly added into mask, only manualy adding to mask from record mode can add record into mask.

There is no use of mask if every user can add record directly into mask.It contains only specific data for specific user.

Mask without data can not be visible in the list.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

we use the mask in another way, not user specific, since we do not have a lot of users working in MDM. They use the mask to cluster data.

Regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Kindly let me know if you are logging into data manager with the Admin role or with the role to which mask is assigned.

Login with both the roles and see the result .

With Admin role go to search select mask and click on the mask u created see if records are there .

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

thanks for your answer. The is no difference when loggin in with either admin role or user role. The assigned records are not in the mask anymore.

The user that had the problem has no admin role. When I logged in with my admin role, I wasn´t able to see the assigend records.
Regarding Masks, the user and the amdin have the same rights.

Thanks,

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Check few things.

Login to data manager woth admin role and in search selct mask as shown and see if you are able to see filtered records .

If you are able to see the record then again go to console ->roles(user role)->deselect the mask and again select the specified mask.

Please see the user who is logging is not specified with another role except the user role.

If this thing is not working then try to create one more mask and test if it is working fine .

If yes then recreate the mask.

if not then try to unload and load repository.

Revert back with your findings.

Regards,

Neethu Joy