cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems during SRM System Copy from other SRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Gurus,

Whenever Basis team copies one SRM system to another SRM system . There are lots of inconsistencies found in new SRM system . One of the basic reason is the Logical system of ECC is still pointing to old ECC system . This has a huge impact on SRM box as we maintain ECC logical system in many places like various SPRO settings , Org Structre setting for "Function Tab"  Company code, Purchase Group, Purchase Organisation, user attributes Partner Profile setting , venmap table, BBPLOC table, material replication table ( CRM* tables in ECC) etc.

I would like to know is there any way like some transaction , programs through which we can make the changes of these new logical system in one go . Else its a very tedious job to be done and system remains unstable .

Thanks in advance.

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the answers.Hence closing the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

As Sam mentioned, Basis team needs to run BDLS after copying the SRM system.It should be a part of their list of activity after the landscape change.

Thanks & Regards,

Aswini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, BDLS is basis activity and it should be run in both EC & SRM (for both logical systems)

i.e. in SRM: Run BDLS with selection as

1. ECC old logical sytem & New logical system

2. SRM old logical sytem & New logical system

Similarly, run BDLS in ECC with the above selections.

Also for Organization structure attributes, you need to run RHOMATTRIBUTES_REPLACE to replace old logical system with new one.

BDLS does not cover attributes change.

Regards,

krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashish,

You can try BDLS to change the old logical system names to new one.

I have also faced issued when SRM system is copied mainly in master data replication from ECC.         I would recommend you get fresh SRM install.

Regards

Sam