Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forecast horizon

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

My sceranio is: today is friday,i want forecast the actual sale for friday in next week. I don't care monday, tuesday...

please tell me how can i config them?

thanks so much

hungth,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hungth,

It's an interesting requirement. You may influence the planning engine to generate stat forecast only on Fridays through using Posting period and Fiscal Year Variant option to represent the period indicator in forecast profile (t.code /SAPAPO/MC96B). Consider your forecast horizon while defining the Fiscal Year Variant.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hungth,

Please maintain your forecast horizon in master forecast profile from friday to saturday. and put  periodicity for storage and time bucket profile as T (day).

Thanks.

Aniurag

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hungth,

Your question does not have sufficient information. Do you want to have the forecast available only ON friday (e.g. next weeks forecast available on friday), or do you want to forecast only FOR friday? If you could give an example with data, that would be helpful to understand your requirement.

Also, at what periodicity level do you have your history data? Is it days, weeks, months? At what periodicity level do you wan to have the forecast data? Daily forecast, weekly forecast or monthly forecast?

Is your question with relation to forecasting in DP, or do you want to use the weekly forecast on friday in SNP or PPDS? There could be different approaches based on the questions to these questions.

If I assume that you want to forecast on weekly level, and then you want to have this forecast in SNP or PPDS only ON friday, then the functionality of period split profile would help you. You could define a distribution definition that has full weightage for friday, and 0 weightage for other weekdays. Link for SAP help is:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/01/cdc94140496024e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

I am giving the above suggestion based on what I guess might be your requirement. Once you could clearly explain your requirement, then I or someone else would be in a better position to suggest some relevant solution.

Thanks - Pawan