cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file receiver adapter is creating file ending with 2 blank lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario which is running fine in production environment and there needs a urgent fix in which we need to add 2 fields in the structure.

we are testing this scenario in regression box, which is having exactly similar content conversion parameters as production. but in R environment, we are getting file which is having 2 bank lines at the end of file.

FCC Details:

Record.endSeparator  '0x0D''0x0A'

Record.fieldSeparator   ,

Thanks

Hamja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hamja,

'0x0D''0x0A' is used for carriage return and line feed. This is used if file is to be absorbed by Windows/mainframe based system which considers 'nl' separator as only line feed without carriage return.

So if you see the file from linux based system, you may see two blank lines or it also depends on editor which you are using to see the file. What I suggest is to get the file verified by the target system team for which file is generated.

hope this helps

Ankit

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using line feed. Use the below seperator for the new line

Use Record.endSeparator  =   'nl'

refer this help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46b/helpdata/es/0c/4be1cb4c7c11d2a994006094b92fad/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

I have tried this as well. There is no change in the outcome.

Thanks

Hamja

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your Regression BOX OS?  You do carriage return and line feed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All boxes are having same OS that is Unix.

Thanks

Hamja

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All Unix systems follow ASCII control characters. IMO, 'nl' should be good enough. I suspect the problem could be in the editor. Can you use different editor and see the behaviour?

You might also want to see the wiki link for the control characters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline