cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA and SUP connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are exploring ways to connect HANA with SUP ,request you to share the ways how can we connect and any pointers on the configuration would be helpful,few days back there was a post in the net HANA connected to SUP using JDBC drivers,is it the only way or any other ways like OData channel or NWGateway.

Thanks

Santosj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We connected to Hana through JDBC...for that we need a ngdbc.jar driver

We are able to see the data but it is giving error when we tried to deploy it to My Unwired Server.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

@Neha

Thanks for your support and help the content was little helpful.

@Lekhak

Yes as you said I heard there were problems withe schema mapping in Unwired Server , we are looking how soon it will be resolved, between can you share the document on connection configuration for SUP and HANA.Also JDBC is the only way or can we expose HANA data via OData or Gateway also.

Thanks
Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. If we use XS Engine we can expose the Data as OData services.

2. Each SPs can also be called thru JDBC over Web services.

ngdbc.jar JDBC drivers have a problem only with SUP. The SPs created in HANA with input parameters don't work. and this is confirmed by SAP itself. They have no plans of any updates specifically to fix SUP errors.

Thanks

Pradeep

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

Please find the below link..

http://www.bluefinsolutions.com/insights/blog/sybase_unwired_platform_and_sap_hana_perfect_partners/

Right now, JDBC is the main idea to connect the other systems to SAP HANA because if we talk about BI 4.0 also that too connect with SAP HANA through JDBC and ODBC drivers.

Regards,Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

Thanks for the response, I came across this blog but it was the expeience shared there , I could not find any configuration guide to connect both SUP and HANA , but I think SUP might have released the drivers for connecting to HANA , because I saw some threads in mobility area and here and ther but could notfind any clear guidelines how to connect and where to get the drivers .Whether it is acievable by JDBC,OData or Gateway which option is availble now.

Thanks

Santosh

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

I am not 100% sure but it will be achievable by JDBC connection only as of now. May be i future it might available because if you connect any system to HANA as present JDBC drivers come into picture.

Regards,Neha

former_member182277
Contributor