cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Paragraph format mid-sentence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev's,

Can anyone tell if it is possible to change paragraph format (or more specifically, font size for a paragraph format) mid sentence/mid line, and if so, how?

I have assigned a paragraph format for the MAIN data, of type Courier 8pt. In my footer, I want to display a text literal 'Total' of Courier 10pt, but have the totals in the rest of the line the same size as the data in the MAIN window (8 pt).

The SAPScript for this totals line looks like this:

,,<B>Total:</>,,&G_TOT_TRANS(R)&,,&G_TOT_TAX&,,&G_TOT_NET&

where to display the variables G_TOT_TRANS, G_TOT_TAX and G_TOT_NET on this line only as 8pt.

Points awarded for successful for solution.

Cheers,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the character format should work..That is what the purpose of the character format..To format the character within the paragraph..

Did you activate the sapscript..Did you move the sapscript to the testing client..

The standard sap help definition for character formats..

<b>Character formats, as opposed to paragraph attributes, allow you to format entire blocks of text within a paragraph.

Character attribute groups can be:

Standard

Font</b>

Anyway check this link for character formats..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/d1/802e43454211d189710000e8322d00/content.htm

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

Thanks. Don't know why it didn't work initially, but I activated and re-transported it a coouple of times - and now it works. 10 Points and my thanks.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

Thanks for that suggestion, but it doesn't appear to work for me. I've created a new character format called C8 and defined it as a type Courier 8.

Then I've gone into the SAPScript and entered

,,<B>Total:<>,,<C8>&G_TOT_TRANS(R)&,,&G_TOT_TAX&,,&G_TOT_NET&</>

Is this correct, or have I missed something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets try that agin, within Code Tags:

,,<B>Total:<>,,<C8>&G_TOT_TRANS(R)&,,&G_TOT_TAX&,,&G_TOT_NET&</>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a new character format with the font size you want..

Then use <C2> different font < / > to display..

Thanks,

Naren