Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time stamp issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

Presently we have a timestamp issue in our SCM 7.0, o.s.-:> Linux , db 😆 oracle

There is big difference between the log timestamp and the actual time.  For example User  tried to reprocess some change pointers that were in the post processing log ( in transaction /n/sapapo/cc) and notified that the new timestamp it applied  is several hours later than the actual time.

Verified that there is no issue with Timezone of the server.

Server location & user time zone are same.

Any inputs how to troubleshoot pls.

Thanks in advance.

Medha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check SAP note#1353782 if its applicable to you..

Cheers!:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ne0 , the sap note really did not helped me..any other inputs please

Regards,

Medha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's.

Any inputs pls.

Regards,

Medha

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Medha,

Is the time difference you noticed in CIF Cockpit equal to that of your time zone and UTC? Per SAP documentation, the times for postprocessing records are given in UTC.

If the time difference equal to the hours leading/lagging based on time zone, then it is normal or else please let me know.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

ThankYou for your response.

Users and Servers are located in same timezone EDT.

Can you give more insight regards to SAP Documentation that the times for postprocessing records are given in UTC.

Any link or some sap notes pls.

Also the issue exists in Dev box and Prod Box, but not in Quality box.

Regards,
Murthy.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

Here is the link where you can find the postprocessing records are displayed with UTC at the end of the document under 'More Information' section.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/96/f6b04b14a04b82b7979bb0b9aa4876/frameset.htm

I tried to postprocess a record in our internal system this morning, the log entry timestamp showed the timestamp in UTC timezone (with 4 hr difference as expected)  as shown below.

However, you also mentioned that your Q box behavior was different from others. It indicates I might be wrong in my analysis. Could you please provide few screenshots to better understand the issue?

• Expected behavior - Screens of Q box
  • Issue - Screens from prod or dev system.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks much for your response...Will check the provided link...will let you know the status once i login to office..

Regards,

Medha