cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC connection in PI in error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have our PI system connecting to a custom oracle DB, I had to move the custom oracle db so It has a new IP. There is integration between the custom oracle database and our ECC system with PI acting as the hub. Of course, PI can no longer find the custom oracle database as it's IP is the old one. I look at the Communication Channel monitoring in rwb and find that the component for the JDBC adapter is in red (error) indicating a JDBC connect string with the old IP in it of the custom database. My question is - how do I change the IP for the custom oracle database in PI. I have looked all over  PI ! I don't have a lot of experience with PI so I figure it's somewhere obvious that I am missing.  This is the error. Where do I change it ?

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@"old IP address":MBLPRD' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver':

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor

Hi,

>>>how do I change the IP for the custom oracle database in PI.

you need to open Integration Directory in link:

pi-server:j2eeport/dir

find an entity called: communication channel for the JBDC

and in the artributes change the value for the IP

then save and activate the change

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrew

You need to make the changes in the JDBC adapter in PI. Open the pi system and enter the TCode SXMB_IFR.

Click on Integration Builder and give th username password. Now you need to find the jdbc adapter which is connecting with the database.

Here under JDBC connection you need to modify the entry for ip and driver.