Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Near Bin put away - strategy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have configured everyting under the menu option OMLA

Fixed picking storage type 015 and near bin storage type 016 as shown below:

Storage type 015 is the reference storage type of 016.

I have generated storage bins for both storge types.

I have set capacity checking for storage type 015.

When I try and replenish into a bin that is full in 015, the system gives an error message and does not attempt to place stock into 016.

Do I need to set up a special stock placement strategy in the "storage type search table".

What could I be missing.

Cheers,

Jacqueline

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi, please send more info about your customizing ....how you try to replenish into the bin in 015? under which transaction? .........which is the error shown?

I wouldn't think it is necessary to setup a special stock placement,,,,in the search......

.......and check:

1. The coordinate structure of the storage bins in both storage types must be the same and the sequence of the storage bins must also fit. This means, for example, that storage bins that are above one another in the fixed bin storage area and the reserve storage area must have the same values in the shelf and stack, and must have different values in the level.

2. The storage bin coordinates for the shelf and the stack that are created from the storage bin must be numeric

JFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have bee using the LP22 - Based on outbound deliveries - this creates a TR.  When I try and convet TR to TO, get error message saying that I have exceeded max quantity.

I have set up a special search strategy for the replenishment movement 329 which has the storage types 015 followed by 016.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Could you please confirm the following:

I have set up 2 storage types: 015 (fixed bin  typestorage) and 016 (Near Bin storage type).  I have a material that has been assigned a fixed bin, max and min levels.  When I try and move stock into storage type 015 (using LT10), if the fixed bin has reached its capacity I get an error message.  The system does not attempt to find a bin in storage type 016.  If near bin picking has been configured correctly, should it do this?

If I move stock directly into storage type 016, the systen will select a bin that is close to the fixed bin. 

Regards,

Jacque

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jaque,

I do not think that replenishment does what you are trying to do. You run replenishment for 015 - that tries to fill the bin in 015. It does not put any stock in another storage type when the bin is full.

The near fixed bin strategy is to stock up the bins in the storage type from where you run the replenishment, so that the replenishment has a short way.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen, thankyou for this - I eventually worked that out but good to have confirmation.  Regarads,  Jacque

Answers (0)