cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add missing attribute values at auto import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have an import map to be used by MDIS. It includes a Taxonomy with attributes and corresponding attribute values.

The sending system wishes to send attribute values that don't already exist in MDM. The Import works fine, except the fact that I am not able to set up the import map to Add attribute values that don't already exist. We only use Text-values.

Do anyone know if this is even possible?

Thanks.

KR,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

In Import Manager , after creating the Map , Go to

Configuration -> Options -> Default MDIS Handling

and then Change the "Unmapped Value Handling" property value to "Add".

and then save the map.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Nimal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I think you have to manualy map the attribute values, as everytime new values has been added, and old values should be mapped at the same time.

Still if you find any solution please tell us.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sollution to the problem was as described by Nimal.

By setting Unmapped Value Handling to Add, new text values are added at import.

Existing attribute values are mapped automatically using Key Mapping.

KR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I've tried what you've said, but still the new attribute values are not added under the destination attribute automatically? any reason why is that happen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see why it should not work.

Note that it only works when you perform the import using MDIS.

Please let me know if it still is not working, and I'll check if I have changed any other settings I have forgotten about.

KR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I built a new port and picked the import map which i saved under the unmapped value to : add, and then format i choiced excel. then I dragged the excel file to the import server under the ready folder. but the excel file stays there and did nothing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the excel file is not picked up, I would suggest that you check if the MDIS is running, under Aux servers in Console.

The first thing you must do is to make the MDIS to pick up the file and place it in the Archive folder. THen you can check if it adds missing attribute-values at import.

When you have placed the file in the Ready folder, you can check the port in the Console. The status at the bottom will state that the folder is not empty. If the file is not automatically imported, the MDIS is not running, or the setup of the MDIS is wrong somehow.

Please check and get back to me.

KR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

first of all, thanks for been patient with me, to answer that. the status of that port is empty eventhough i placed the excel file under the ready folder. but knowing that the MDIS is up and running. I have one conern is that only in MDS00 has the corsponding repository and ready folder. i went under the MDIS01 and did not find any ready folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is correct that there is no Ready folder under MDIS.

It is the Ready folder for a repository on your MDS you want. But since the status is empty, it seems you are placing the file in the wrong location.

An example: I have an MDS called "MDS_1". On this server I have a Repository called "Rep_1". I have created an inbound port called "Port_1" for the Remote System "Remote_1".

The share that has been created to be able to access the Ready folder looks like this:

"\\MDS_1\Rep_1\Inbound\Rem_1\Port_1\Ready"

When I place a file in this Ready folder, I can load MDS "MDS_1" in the MDM Console, connect to repository "Rep_1", expand Admin structure and open Ports. For "Port_1" the status is now Has Data. As soon as I switch on the MDIS, the file is picked up, and the status is yet again Empty. The file have been moved to the Archive folder.

Let me know what you find.

And btw, in the MDM Console reference guide you have quite a lot of information about the MDIS and using ports, etc. I would suggest you have a look at it.

KR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos