Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Adapter: sent a txt attachment

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have several questions about the receiver mail adapter:

1.- It is possible to send a txt attachment? (Internally I've got a xml message, but I need to transform it into a csv file and send that csv as an attachement)

2.- It is posible to set the name of the attachement dinamucally? For instance ORDER_<CustomerCode>_<messageId>.csv

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes both can be possible. You can create 2 scenarios, if you don' t want bpm, First create file to fcc. second fcc to email scenario. In the second scenario use dynamic configuration or variable substitution to change the filename. This is one way to achieve.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>In the second scenario use dynamic configuration or variable substitution to change the filename. This is one way to achieve.

Baskar, variable substitution is only meant for File receiver adapter.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>In the second scenario use dynamic configuration or variable substitution to change the filename. This is one way to achieve.

Baskar, variable substitution is only meant for File receiver adapter.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, You are right . Variable substitution is out of scope here

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

1 and 2 are possible.

Check this Samuel Chandrasekaran's blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/samuel.chandrasekaran2/blog/2008/10/06/xi-mail-adapter-dynamically-buildin...

Regards.

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Iñaki. I've found your reply very interesting. But I still have some doubts.

As I have seen on the link I just need to do a mapping between my message and email "custom" message downloaded from SAP. In this message I can also configure other things like Subject, From, to,..... Is that true? I don`t have to do anything more? (It seems so simple )

If I set them into the mapping, how does it affect to the receiver mail adapter? Which one will them consider, the one I have set on the mapping or the one I have set on the email adapter?

Thanks