Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDTypeNotFoundException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I got the following error in my WebDynpro project:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.sap.bie.ntc.wdtest.model.types.WDTestModel:com.sap.bie.ntc.wdtest.model.types.Bapi1090_2 could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException:

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:297)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:753)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:761)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Context.init(Context.java:40)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:199)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.init(ClientComponent.java:346)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:352)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:593)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:249)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:154)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:116)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:48)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:385)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:263)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:340)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:318)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:821)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:239)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:147)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162)

Caused by: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException:

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker$1.fillSldConnection(DataTypeBroker.java:89)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalResolveLogicalNameToJCODestination(ProviderFactory.java:408)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.resolveLogicalNameToJCODestination(ProviderFactory.java:354)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalGetProvider(ProviderFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.getProvider(ProviderFactory.java:180)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getProvider(DdDictionaryPool.java:78)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:64)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:39)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getDataType(DdBroker.java:149)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getStructure(DdBroker.java:180)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:295)

... 30 more

I' trying to connect to a R/3 system with no logon group, only single server connection. But its not possible to create a dictonary JCO destination with single server connection. So how can i connect?

If I connect to a system with logon group, all works fine.

Regards, Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We updated the table TCATS and added the entry to the

user parameter CVR for the user. This will resolved the profile error.

The pages now display but the links don't work.

I would appreciate any information regarding S_SERVICES and or if anyone is getting the same error.

Does anyone have this configured and working to expectations? It is very challenging.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update to my previous post. We solved the link issue and ESS WebDynpro components are loading into the portal. The link issue was related to a user error with setting up the System Landscape host name. We are now dealing with functional type exceptions within the ESS components. Again, any information on required S_SERVICE entries will be appreciated.

I would also like to give a shout to Don Allen (inside joke).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Thanx for the doc. We will configure TCATS and try our luck with S_SERVICE. Will provide any helpfull info if we solve it.

Rakhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

The only solution I found for the problem is:

You have to create a logon grou in the R/3 system (transaction smlg).

Regards, Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You do require a message server for the Meta Data to be fetched from the R/3. You can define your own JCO connections for the Model data and this will work. But for the Dictionary data it will expect you to have a RFC Metadata connection defined.

At runtime the model tries to fetch the dictionary information (Adaptive RFC Model) to check if the model metadata is consistent. If it is not able to retrieve the information you would be getting the above mentioned error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We are having the same problem that Marcel had.

(Getting the WDTypeNotFoundException...Dictionary not found...)

According to your reply we should have a RFC metadata connection defined. How do you do this?

We have 2 JCO connections (SAP_R3_HR, SAP_R3_HR_Metadata). They test successfully.

What is this Adaptive RFC Model that you mentioned?

Our system specifications:

EP6Sp9

WAS640

ESS/MSS/PCUIGP 5.0

Need help urgently!

DJ and Rakhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I assume you are running ESS WebDynpro. In addition to these JCO connections, there several more including a JCO connection for Personal metadata.

I had a similar issue. It was resolved when I activated all of the connections. I believe the Personal metadata connection was the culprit.

If this helps, award points (grin)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rakhee

Are you using Netweaver Developer studio for development. In WebDynpro programming we use Adaptive RFC models to interact with SAP R/3. Are you using WebDynpro for development.

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I am not sure what JCO connection (Personal metadata) you are refering to. We have configured all the JCO connections that were listed under http://WAS:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcwdtools/Explorer

They are:

SAP_R3_Financials

SAP_R3_Financials_MetaData

SAP_R3_HumanResources

SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaDataFIN

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenericsFIN

SAP_R3_Travel

SAP_R3_Travel_MetaData

We still get the WDTypeNotFoundException.

Is it possible to actually test the ESS/MSS webdynpros using the above mentioned url. Or must it be tested via the Portal where usermappings are defined?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes at the given link click on the application that you have created and select the tab JCo Connection. Create the JCo connections there and also test them.

I hope that should do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All the JCO connection are created and configured, they all test successfully.

When we then run the application using 'Run As Preview' in the web dynpro explorer, it give us the same exception:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.model.types.Ext_Service could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException:

What is the <i>pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.model.types.Ext_Service</i> ?

Could the problem be with the sap dictionary?

Any further assistance is much appreciated

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi received the ext_service. I found that I had not configured the generic services listed below. I went ahead configured all of them. That eliminated the ext_service error. I have all the connections configured with load balancing and using user/password with same id. They all test successfully with test and ping. Note I have other custom WebDynpro applications that run successfully against the same R/3 system.

After this error was solved, I began receiving a profile not found error in the ESS iView. This was because the xss menu looks for CATS configuration. Now that this is configured and the ESS iViews display, the links are fail to load. I believe it is due to the S_SERVICE entries are not added but there is little documentation.

SAP_R3_Financials

SAP_R3_Financials_MetaData

SAP_R3_HumanResources

SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaDataFIN

SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenericsFIN

SAP_R3_Travel

SAP_R3_Travel_MetaData

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

We have solved the 'ext_service' error by configuring all the generic services.

We now get the 'profile not found' for the ESS iViews.

And I assume that after this is solved we will get the 'links fail to load' error.

I have looked around in SDN & sap help for CATS configuration but nothing that seems to relate to portal ESS.

Can you provide a link to a guide on how-to configure CATS and how to add the S_SERVICE? Or can you provide this information?

You could also email any documentaion to : rakhee.dajee@epiuse.com

Thank you for the help

Rakhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please suggest the solution for the above problem?

I am facing the same problem and struggling hard to resolve this for last 10 days.

Please refer to the link below about the detail description of my problem

<b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stephen,

I feel we can help me in this as you have solved the problem earlier.

I am facing the same problem and struggling hard to resolve this for last 10 days.

Please refer to the link below about the detail description of my problem

<b>

Thanks&Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is in the runtime app is not finding the dictionary types.

On the FM user should have assigned to profile "S_DDIC_MDI".You can use trasaction SU01 to see your profiles.Please verify this.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is during runtime the application can't able to find the Dictonary types.

Problem could be with the permissions also !! You need to have some special authorizations in the R/3 system .

Please check this.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I believe the problem is that you have configured application servers in case of MODEL_DATA as well. Please choose the dictionary option for this and give a message server.

This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your SLD settings

http://<your server>:<port>/sld/admin/serversettings.jsp

ABAP Connection Parameters

Client: System Number:

User: Host Name:

Password: Language:

check have you set correct values for the above...

then try deploying..

mean while check have to created proxys for bapi

hope this helps

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the above post should have solved the problem.

Please do close the discussion if it has been solved or kindly keep the discussion active so that we can learn more about it.

Regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I would advice you to once again test your JCo connection in the content administrator

Regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked the jco connection, both connections i defined work fine if i use the test function. But if i deploy the application and run it, the mentioned exception occurs.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

As your Jco connection is working fine I think the problem in your case is with the SLD. Please check if the SLD is configured properly.

I have noticed the same error while calling an rfc through a newly installed server.

Hope that would solve the problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I'm encountering the exact same problem.

My WebDynpro application used to connect to an R/3 system using a logon group, yet this group doesn't exist anymore. I changed the JCO connection to work directly with a single server and I get the same error you got.

When testing JCO connection via the WebDynpro Content Administrator there is no problem. But during run-time of the application the problem occurs. Did you find a solution to this error?