SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVC warning message does not working when save as complete

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FM Experts,

I have a problem when save as complete journal manual. There is AVC warning message if the budget reach more than 80%, but it's not working.

I already maintained the value type for save as complete and the tolerance profiles.

There are 2 condition if I try to post the journal manual:

a. First condition: I want to post journal manual USD 900.

- Available budget: USD 1000

- Consumed amount: - (not yet transaction related budget)

There is no AVC message appear until I post the document.

b. Second condition is the same like first condition, but there was transaction related budget before.

- Consumed amount: USD 200

- Available budget: USD 700

AVC message appear when I want to post the document, not when save as complete.

How can it happen? Does It because of the setting?

FYI: we use SAP release 604, package 10 for EA PS.

We tried sapnote 1165926, it doesn't relevant and 573409 which didn't affect anything.

Thanks before

19 REPLIES 19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As u mentioned 'save as complete' means you are parking document or else posting the parked document.

While posting of park the doucment system will not check budget and consumed the amount. But at the time of posting the parked document system will check the Budget AVC and consumes the amount.

If this is not the case let me know with detailed information.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Rao,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, that's right.

When save as complete, the AVC  message does not appear, even though the budget reach 80% according to the tolerance profiles. But, when post the document, the AVC message appear.

0 Kudos

Hi Rosida

Budget AVC check will not happen while parking the document.

but at the time of posting the parked document system will check budget AVC and consumed the amount. In my earlier project we had faced the same problem.

For your reference please find the previous posted blog.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1885468

Hope this will help to u.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi KTP Rao,

What is the standard system response when a parked document exceeds the budget. For me system is not throwing any error and just warning and is not allowing to park.

Is it possible to control through error message

Thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What update profile do you use in FM? Check if VT 60 is not defined as 'statistical' in your profile.

Regards,

Eli

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Rao,

Before I already read that forum. And the sapnote mentioned from the forum, it didn't affect anything.

My project before, when I save as complete the parked document, the AVC warning message appear based on the tolerance profile.

With the same setting, there is no AVC message when I click the 'save as complete' button.

Could it be because of the period based or FY based in value type? Because it's different with my project before.

Hi Mr Eli.

Update profile is 000101.

Thanks before

0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, in OF39 you didn't do anything for VT. 60, right? If this is not the case, try going to FMAVCDERITPROF transaction and set a trace there. Then, try the action you did ('save as complete') and see if the tolerance profiles strategy is shown.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. By the way, what exact transaction do you use with the problematic document?

0 Kudos

Hi

If u park the FI JV thru F-43, FB01, F-02 etc., Budget AVC check will not happen and FM doc also  not generates.

But if u are trying  to post already parked MM invoice (say thru MIR4) then if you click on 'Save as completed'  then FM document and budget AVC check will be happened.

Confirm if any deviation on this.

It is not relevant for period based or FY based in value type. As Eli said by activating the trace u can check tolerance profiles strategy trigerring. 

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi

In continuation of my previous reply, also I would like to know this problem u are getting at the time of MM parked invoice posting? or also FI parked document posting?

And also could pls share the OFUP GR/IR settings.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In continuation of my previous mails I am sharing some useful information on this issue:

1. While posting of parked invoice document system will not check Budget and also FM doc will not generate. (Parked doc posting thru FBV0 or FBV2). Budget check will happen only posting of parked doc.

2. But coming to  MM parked invoice (say thru MIR4 ) if u click on 'save as completed' option system checks the budget avc and also FM document will be generated. But Accounting document will not be generated. Account doc will be generates only if  click on 'Post' option. Here budget warning messages will not generate.

3. Budget check and FM document generation happens only based on your OFUP GR/IR settings. In your case may be commitment item is not budget check relevant.

Hope this will help to resolve your issue.

correct me if anything wrong.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Rao.

First, I park doc FB50, then save as complete through FBV2, and post it with FBV0.

If this is the case, the budget check just happen when FBV0. Is it correct?

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes correct. System will check Budget availability and consumption will be happened.

As per your confirmation u are getting mail alters but not getting warning message while posting of parked document (FBV0). Am I correct ?. When u click on save button (parked doc posting) system will pass warning message based on your tolerance settings.

Once again check your tolerance settings? Is this is happened only parked docs posting or else general transactions also?

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Rosida

I would like to inform u few points regarding on this issue according to your posting process:

1. FB60 Invoice parking - Budget check and Consumption will not happen.

2. FBV2  (Save as Complete) - System checks Budget AVC and consumption will be happened. Here budet warning/information messages and  mail alters will be triggered.

3. FBV0 (parked doc posting) - Accounting doc will be generated (if u selected repeated mail option then again warning message and mail alters will be triggered.)

4. Suppose if you directly post already parked doc (without using FBV2 Save as complete option) then budget consumption will be happened at the time of parked doc posting only.

This will help to clear all your queries. I have checked the scenarios and working as expected.

Let me know if u need any information on this.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Rao.

I tried the following posting process you mentioned before. The results are:

1. Park journal through FB50. save as complete by FBV2 and the warning message nor the mail doesn't appear. But, when post it with FBV0, the warning message appear without mail.

2. Park journal through FB50 and then post it (without save as complete) in FBV0, the warning appear. And when click 'Back' button, the mail pop-up appear and bring us to the SBWP.

3. Park invoice in FB60 and save as complete in FBV2. The avc message doesn't appear, but when click 'Back' button, the mail pop-up appear. When post through FBV0, there's just warning message.

So, based on your description about posting process compared to my process:

- Condition (1) is true and same with my process.

- Condition (2), the warning message doesn't appear. Based my experience in project before, the avc message appear when save as complete if maintain value type 60 (save as complete).

- Condition (3) is same with my process. The avc so far just appear when post document.

- Condition (4) is same with my process.

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried FMAVCDERITPROF as Mr Eli said, it works.

System read the tolerance profiles from standard SAP, not from our own setting.

I dont know how it can be happen. So I try to maintained the standard.

The warning message appear by mail SBWP.

In the tolerance profile, I set the warning message with mail. The warning message doesn't appear but there's pop up that bring us to SBWP.

How the warning message can't be appeared?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check that the tolerance profile strategy that you have defined is duly assgined to your AVC ledger.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you check your AVC filter setting for commitment/actual values? Could it be that value type 60 was filtered out?

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Eli.

I already check the tolerance profile strategy is assgined to the AVC ledger.

Hi Mr Minghong.

I don't maintained the AVC filter setting for commitment/actual values.

Thanks before.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the setting of assigning tolerance profile to the AVC ledger, did you also assign a 'strategy for deriving teolerance profile'? If so, that derivation strategy will overwrite the tolerance profile you assigned to the ledger and you should use  FMAVCDERITPROF to maintain that strategy.

If you only use ONE tolerance profile, then, just assign it to your ledger but NEVER assign any strategy  to the ledger.

Regards,

Ming