Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of characterstic values from class 300 to class 023

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have configurable material , and 2 classes of class type 300 and 023 are attached to it, name for classes are same and it have same set of characteristic.

when I create a sales order I can assign values to configuration as well as generate Batch.

but after MRP run when I convert plan order to production order , few characteristic values are getting disappeared.

when I confirm order and checked the batch it have no values at all.

so can some one know , why the transfer of characteristic values are not happening?

I am assuming that as name of classes and characteristic are identical , values assign at higher class ( 300) will be automatically copied to lower class (023).

Do I need to define something in configuration or apply some note?

Thanks

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

On what class type the values get dispappeared ? Having the same name should not transfer the values as the data is completely different for both. Batch class type 023 and configuration 300 stroes data seperately. So having the same should not cause an issue neither should transfer the values. They should not be linked at all. Do you set the values for batch class and they disappear after you save ?

Thanks

Amber

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amber,

I am assigning values to class 300 in sales order and it should be copied to charactertics in 023 as both are assign to same material and have identical name.

I am sure it works in SAP , only thing is i need to set something in configuration or apply some note.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Copying configuration data to batch classification is not a R/3-standard functionality. Copying characteristics is a functionality of the Add-On IS-MillProducts, In Mill , you can find the setting in OMJJ. And also check the note 495507, though this is for old release it descrirbes some standard behavior.

I wonder if you could use the user-exit EXIT_SAPLV01Z_014 which is in SAPLV1ZN for your requirement, you can explore the possibility on it, but please make sure that you may set 'Ext. classific.' in OMJJ and and OMCV, please read the F1 help of this field and the documentation of USER-EXIT.

Thanks

Amber

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

As mentioned by Amber, this functionality is not part of the standard ERP, however, you can find it on the DIMP Industry Solution. Take a look on the following link for more details:

Copying Rules for Characteristic Values - SAP Mill Products - SAP Library

BR

Caetano

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano for reminding me to close this thread.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

Someone asked me a very similar question and I found this thread on my research.

I thought that the link could be useful for someone else with the same question

BR

Caetano

Answers (0)